Frustrated

Some of you may remember that a year ago my house was burgled. Good news is that they caught one of them and he's being brought to trial. First trial date was back in May, postponed to tomorrow. Just called in (it's like jury duty, call the day before...) and the trial has been postponed again because the guy now has a bench warrant and I assume he's in hiding. I was so looking forward to seeing this dirtbag hung out to dry. Just want to get this over with.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Some of you may remember that a year ago my house was burgled. Good news is that they caught one of them and he's being brought to trial. First trial date was back in May, postponed to tomorrow. Just called in (it's like jury duty, call the day before...) and the trial has been postponed again because the guy now has a bench warrant and I assume he's in hiding. I was so looking forward to seeing this dirtbag hung out to dry. Just want to get this over with.

The justice system does move at a glacial pace. I hope you see the end of this soon.

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron

Which one is it? If I remember correctly there was a ninja and a fellow with "glandular" issues.

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Hope it ends soon GW.

frequentflier

happy to be living

The scumbucket that "burgled" my Callaway store (now closed) was recently let out of prison after serving 4 of the 6 year sentence he plea bargained for. When the woman from the prison called me, she informed me that he must have been GOOD to have gotten an early release. My cynicism was clear; there is nothing GOOD about this guy (given his history long before he broke into my store) and I cannot imagine he will stay GOOD now that he is no longer incarcerated. I asked her for a current pic of him and she said she could not provide me with one. Since he plea bargained, the only time I have seen him was on the video recording from my store (with him filling his pockets with money from my register.)
SMFH

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:huggy: Hope it doesn't take much longer.

We can hate everyone together. :huggy: I hope it all gets cleared up soon for you.

officeguy

Dont expect too much satisfaction. The morning of the trial, the prosecution will announce that they found a plea agreement and the judge will set a plea date 2 weeks later. At the plea date, he will plead guilty to the least of the charges on the docket. Again, months later there will be a sentencing hearing. I the end, he will get 'time served' along with a firm promise not to do it again.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Dont expect too much satisfaction. The morning of the trial, the prosecution will announce that they found a plea agreement and the judge will set a plea date 2 weeks later. At the plea date, he will plead guilty to the least of the charges on the docket. Again, months later there will be a sentencing hearing. I the end, he will get 'time served' along with a firm promise not to do it again.

Don't be so quick to think that will happen in St. Mary's. If it's a first offense, maybe. But if the defendant has any history, particularly passion of CDS, you can count on a make sentence - but with the following
- max sentence, 18 months confinement, with credit for time served, remainder to be supervised probation.
That keeps them in the county jail and it guarantees a revolving door as some time in that long probation period they will #### up again.