A Scene Right Out of Bambi

Walked downstairs and opened the curtains overlooking the backyard. It was like a menagerie out there. 5 deer, three of which were new fawns, 2 rabbits, a groundhog and birds galore. They all took one look at me and bolted in every direction.

I know I'm kinda ratty looking first thing before I've had coffee after not much sleep, but gee..... they hurt my feelings running away like that. :ohwell:

frequentflier

happy to be living
walked downstairs and opened the curtains overlooking the backyard. It was like a menagerie out there. 5 deer, three of which were new fawns, 2 rabbits, a groundhog and birds galore. They all took one look at me and bolted in every direction.

I know i'm kinda ratty looking first thing before i've had coffee after not much sleep, but gee..... They hurt my feelings running away like that. :ohwell:

:huggy:

mAlice

professional daydreamer
We have some pretty bold deer here. They come right up to the house and eat the mint. Yep, all that's left are the stems. I have two little peach trees in the front yard. The one that had about 20 peaches on it is now nothing but stems, too.
So it looks like I'll be enclosing the garden when I put it in next year. I'll take out the peach trees and plant new inside the fence. That may, or may not, prevent them from getting to the fruit. We'll see.

DEEKAYPEE8569

Walked downstairs and opened the curtains overlooking the backyard. It was like a menagerie out there. 5 deer, three of which were new fawns, 2 rabbits, a groundhog and birds galore. They all took one look at me and bolted in every direction.

I know I'm kinda ratty looking first thing before I've had coffee after not much sleep, but gee..... they hurt my feelings running away like that. :ohwell:

Sounds like a good reason to keep a point-and-shoot (Uummm, camera) by that window.

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
We always have a bunch of rabbits in our backyard. They've gotten so comfortable that usually they are all sprawled out and quite content. Last week, we had a groundhog chasing one of the rabbits around. It looked like a game of tag. :lol:

We have some pretty bold deer here. They come right up to the house and eat the mint. Yep, all that's left are the stems. I have two little peach trees in the front yard. The one that had about 20 peaches on it is now nothing but stems, too.
So it looks like I'll be enclosing the garden when I put it in next year. I'll take out the peach trees and plant new inside the fence. That may, or may not, prevent them from getting to the fruit. We'll see.

Mine eat the new flowers off the iris and daylilys. I never get to see the flowers. Wish they'd eat the grass and weeds instead.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Mine eat the new flowers off the iris and daylilys. I never get to see the flowers. Wish they'd eat the grass and weeds instead.

Oh, I forgot about the daisies. They're "Pickles Daisies", or at least they were before the deer got them. We don't even water them anymore. My iris were mostly safe in MD, for some reason. I could see where the deer would nip at them once in a while, but they never ate them. I don't really care for daylilys, and I think that the only thing they are good for is deer food.

PJay

Never forget the time landscapers came to make our yard beautiful. When finished they asked if could leave all the beautiful flowers left on their trailer in our yard over night. I said sure, but they may not be there in the morning. So beautiful all the different colors. Next morning when I looked out the window all the beautiful colors...gone.

General Lee

Squirrels wrecked havoc on my peach trees. Couldn't keep them because of it.