ISO Recommendations Locations for First Birthday Party

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for hall rental or private room rentals or really anything for a first birthday coming up in mid-October. We are expected ~70 people (which is too many for our home to accommodate). We are in the Leonardtown area. There seems to be quite a few outdoor pavilions, but being outside may be quite cold in October.

We are in the process of looking into the local fire stations, libraries, and recreation centers. It looks like it is going to be difficult to find something this late. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Not to sound mean, (really not) but come on, it's a birthday party for a one year old. Unless you are an elitist socialite, is there really a need for this? Why not just have a small gathering of your closest friends and family? Your one year old is not going to remember anyway. Why be so ostentatious? Who are you trying to impress?

sockgirl77

I was curious if anyone had any recommendations for hall rental or private room rentals or really anything for a first birthday coming up in mid-October. We are expected ~70 people (which is too many for our home to accommodate). We are in the Leonardtown area. There seems to be quite a few outdoor pavilions, but being outside may be quite cold in October.

We are in the process of looking into the local fire stations, libraries, and recreation centers. It looks like it is going to be difficult to find something this late. Thanks in advance for any recommendations!
There are tons of halls if you're looking to spend $1,000+ for a child's birthday party JUST for a venue.
If I may ...

Not to sound mean, (really not) but come on, it's a birthday party for a one year old. Unless you are an elitist socialite, is there really a need for this? Why not just have a small gathering of your closest friends and family? Your one year old is not going to remember anyway. Why be so ostentatious? Who are you trying to impress?

:yeahthat: I went overboard with birthday parties when mine were babies, but not to the point that I was online looking for advice on finding a venue for 70 people to celebrate a one year old baby's birthday. :jet:

If I may ...

None of our family lives in the area. This is the first grandchild on both sides. There are a lot of aunts/uncles/cousins that want to make the trip down/over. I come from a much cheaper area and am surprised by the lack of reasonable options here. Just trying to find the inside scoop.

There are tons of halls if you're looking to spend $1,000+ for a child's birthday party JUST for a venue.

:yeahthat: I went overboard with birthday parties when mine were babies, but not to the point that I was online looking for advice on finding a venue for 70 people to celebrate a one year old baby's birthday. :jet:

That's what I am finding difficult. Back home you could rent a room with tables and chairs for like 150 people for like $200. Not the cheapest, but not crazy either.

lovinmaryland

Check w/ a local church a lot of times they have hall rentals that are reasonable. Also when will the party take place? Could you possibly hold it at a local park? Gilbert Run is an option or in Leonardtown there is a nice park down by my house in St Clements Shores that I've had birthday parties at before.

sockgirl77

Check w/ a local church a lot of times they have hall rentals that are reasonable. Also when will the party take place? Could you possibly hold it at a local park? Gilbert Run is an option or in Leonardtown there is a nice park down by my house in St Clements Shores that I've had birthday parties at before.

It's in mid-October. I would have suggestion Dorsey Park otherwise. You can rent a pavilion for $50.

maxima87

Football Mom!!!

Recs and Parks has some options that may work.

http://www.stmarysmd.com/docs/currentprogramguide.pdf (Page 20)

Homer J

Power Chord
Do you or a family member work on Pax River or are retired military? If so, the Beach House is a pretty good option.

acommondisaster

The church I belong to in Charles County will rent out their hall for the cost of the cleaning, which I believe is $100...it may be less. Located near Higdon Elementary/Piccowaxen Middle School in Newburg, MD. Msg me if you want the number or look up Christ Church Wayside William and Mary Parish on FB.