Hey, forum peeps...free piano!

littlelady

God bless the USA
We are moving and can't take our piano with us. Retiring and downsizing, and all. I will miss it. I have had it posted on somd classifieds for a month, and had a few interested, but they never showed up. We need it gone asap because we need to refinish our decks, and getting the piano out will screw that up. We are located in St. Leonard Broomes Island side. It is a Kimball Anniversary Edition upright in perfect working order. It has a few blemishes on the finish. Taker must pick up; it will take 4 strong guys to move it. We have two on our end to help load it. I want to find it a happy home. I have gotten so much enjoyment from it through the years. :smile:

Attachments

• piano5.jpg
    piano5.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 414
  • piano3.jpg
    piano3.jpg
    38.4 KB · Views: 208

Homer J

Power Chord
Have you checked with any local schools or churches to see if they can use it? If you donate it, you can take a tax right off. Plus, you'll feel good.

littlelady

God bless the USA
You found a new place? You have such a beautiful place from the pictures you've shared. Should sell very fast!

That's very nice of you to say. We are moving to Montgomery County to be near daughter and our first grandbaby. I don't know about the selling part. Our realtor said that SoMD is slower in coming back with the housing market. I hope it sells fast!

NewsJunky

It was great speaking with you and I am so glad you are taking the piano because you mentioned your whole family is musically inclined. Thanks so much for adopting it! I am so happy! :smile:

Thank you so much. My daughter and her family are very excited. :smoochy:

wubbles

This was a really nice topic to read. I hope your move goes smoothly littlelady and NewsJunky I hope your grand daughter enjoys the piano as much as the previous owners. So nice it's not someone take opportunity to make a few bucks. Cheers.

BOP

Downsizing is why my next piano will be an electronic one. Just trying to figure out what brand. I need to go try some out.

Goldenhawk

Downsizing is why my next piano will be an electronic one. Just trying to figure out what brand. I need to go try some out.

If you want something that sounds, feels, and plays like a new piano, take a serious look at the Yamaha CP300. Not a new choice and not cheap, but in my opinion it's one of the best available (Yamaha also makes real pianos, so it makes sense they can build a good electronic one). I'm a long-time piano player (>30 years playing for my church and for personal pleasure). I've been VERY happy with our church's CP300. It's got powerful built-in speakers that will fill a room easily, and it has a built-in 5-band EQ so you can kick up the bass or roll off the treble to suit your tastes. The action is excellent, with fully-weighted keys. It's got plenty of good sounds, and the basic piano is very realistic and plays in stereo (reproducing the high strings on right and low strings on left). The damper pedal is graduated, so you can let it up partially to partially damp the strings just like a real piano. It also does a great job of layering two sounds (I love the strings+piano layer, and also use the rock organ + piano pair for leading congregational singing) with just a quick double-button press.