Coffee Turf Wars, SOMD Campaign

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
http://www.thebaynet.com/articles/0816/dunkindeniesdiscriminationregardingnewsite.html

Unless I am misreading, looks pretty clear,seems like a case of Black Coffee Matters. Meaning the black person is completley in the wrong, but hopes that just screaming racism (through proxies in this case) will let them win the day.

In most Franchise agreements, there is usually a clause that states if the franchiser wants to open new locations in your territory and you don't want to, they can give that opportunity to another franchisee.....sounds like the case here.

officeguy

In most Franchise agreements, there is usually a clause that states if the franchiser wants to open new locations in your territory and you don't want to, they can give that opportunity to another franchisee.....sounds like the case here.

It's more of a 'piss or get off the pot' clause. You get a territory but if you haven't built out to a density of x stores per 100k customers, the company will take part of the territory from you. It is a bit of a trap that some franchisees run into if they don't have the capital or personnel to follow through with the expansion in the given timeframe. I am sure the lady who has the Lusby store didn't give up the north end of her territory from the goodness of her heart but because the company applied some pressure.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
It's more of a 'piss or get off the pot' clause. You get a territory but if you haven't built out to a density of x stores per 100k customers, the company will take part of the territory from you. It is a bit of a trap that some franchisees run into if they don't have the capital or personnel to follow through with the expansion in the given timeframe. I am sure the lady who has the Lusby store didn't give up the north end of her territory from the goodness of her heart but because the company applied some pressure.
...but it's not a "racial" issue

officeguy

Absolutely not. I am sure DD corporate doesn't care who brings them money. Looking up and down the east coast, most DDs are probably minority owned. Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Lebanese seem to be the most common ownership setups.

Absolutely not. I am sure DD corporate doesn't care who brings them money. Looking up and down the east coast, most DDs are probably minority owned. Indian, Pakistani, Bangladeshi and Lebanese seem to be the most common ownership setups.

That's not what I've seen in my travels. DD here, in VA and in NY seem to be run by whites. Donut Connection, however, DOES appear to have a majority of owners that are Indian or Pakistani at everyone I've visited.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Several community leaders, including representatives of the local chapter of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), the Calvert County Black Chamber of Commerce, Calvert County Minority Business Alliance and Concerned Black Women of Calvert County; have expressed concern about how Dunkin’ Donuts’ corporate heads have handled the awarding of the new franchise.

yeah its racial now

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Yesse and Al......

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 287

glhs837

Power with Control

"Ms. Pretto-Simmons had the original store development agreement for Calvert County, and voluntarily agreed to terminate this agreement and her development rights in 2015. Prior to this, she initially presented several possible locations within Calvert County for consideration. However, at no time did she ever submit this specific Prince Frederick location for approval, nor was it ever rejected by Dunkin’ Brands. In fact, Ms. Pretto-Simmons specifically informed Dunkin' in writing back in 2014 that she had no interest in pursuing this site that is currently under development."

Right from the article.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
"Ms. Pretto-Simmons had the original store development agreement for Calvert County, and voluntarily agreed to terminate this agreement and her development rights in 2015. Prior to this, she initially presented several possible locations within Calvert County for consideration. However, at no time did she ever submit this specific Prince Frederick location for approval, nor was it ever rejected by Dunkin’ Brands. In fact, Ms. Pretto-Simmons specifically informed Dunkin' in writing back in 2014 that she had no interest in pursuing this site that is currently under development."

Right from the article.

..but it must still be racists...Al and Yesse said it was...