Bay District FD

Bucket

Something unusual happened today. Midway drive is getting all the sewers and water mains replaced. It appears that that a large leak sprung up. Somebody called the FD and they responded quite quickly.

What I found offensive was some girl climbing out of the back of the fire truck with her daisy Dukes, flip flops and a t shirt that left nothing to the imagination.

And this is what our fire tax permits? Some fire groupie is allowed to "support" our FD with her assets?

Shame on the the BDFD for allowing this to happen.

Bucket.

Tech

They are volunteer, they do not get paid to wear a uniform. No tax money as far I am aware pays for uniforms except the PPE they get to wear in this heat.

Lilypad

They are volunteer, they do not get paid to wear a uniform. No tax money as far I am aware pays for uniforms except the PPE they get to wear in this heat.
I'm pretty sure the county financially supports the volunteer FD...the FD budget has a line item for uniforms. Bucket, you should have taken a picture and contacted the Chief Joe Gould...the BDVFD motto is "Professionally Staffed by Volunteers"

Tech

I'm pretty sure the county financially supports the volunteer FD...the FD budget has a line item for uniforms. Bucket, you should have taken a picture and contacted the Chief Joe Gould...the BDVFD motto is "Professionally Staffed by Volunteers"

Believe that is for a dress uniform not everyday wear while waiting for a call, well a t-shirt may have been provided.

tommyjo

Something unusual happened today. Midway drive is getting all the sewers and water mains replaced. It appears that that a large leak sprung up. Somebody called the FD and they responded quite quickly.

What I found offensive was some girl climbing out of the back of the fire truck with her daisy Dukes, flip flops and a t shirt that left nothing to the imagination.

And this is what our fire tax permits? Some fire groupie is allowed to "support" our FD with her assets?

Bucket.

You were so offended and concerned about the expenditure of "your" tax dollars as well as the safety of the first responders that the sole action you take is to post about the damage done to your delicate self on a worthless internet forum under an anonymous name?

How upstanding of you!!

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
Damn it.
I am sure I am not the only man here pissed off that we missed this.

Did you take any pictures?

sm8

When I was a volunteer we had to wear jeans/pants for safety reasons and a t-shirt that we had to purchase.

TPD

the poor dad
So was this person you speak of a fireman or rather a firewoman, I mean fireze, or was it an acquaintance of aforementioned just riding the truck? Or was it part of the Obamacare package the volunteer firefighters signed up for - you know - preventive maintenance healthcare?

BernieP

Resident PIA
Damn it.
I am sure I am not the only man here pissed off that we missed this.

Did you take any pictures?

isn't that a rule on this here forum?

:worthless

also a nice jump to conclusion, she could have been a fire fighter who just got to the truck.
I'm sure all the VOLUNTEERS sit around in the uniform of the day just waiting on a call.

glhs837

Power with Control
isn't that a rule on this here forum?

:worthless

also a nice jump to conclusion, she could have been a fire fighter who just got to the truck.
I'm sure all the VOLUNTEERS sit around in the uniform of the day just waiting on a call.

don't recall even seeing folks get off the truck not in turn out gear. Pretty sure regs require suiting up before heading out. They practice constantly to ensure that getting ready is a minimum time affair.

officeguy

If I ever a have a fire at my house, for all I care the engineer running the pumps can wear a bikini, as long as they got going the second the call comes in.

They are volunteers, at times not everyone on the truck will be fully geared up.

mdff21

don't recall even seeing folks get off the truck not in turn out gear. Pretty sure regs require suiting up before heading out. They practice constantly to ensure that getting ready is a minimum time affair.

It depends on the type of call as to what kind of protective equipment you wear. Not all calls require full turnout gear, however you should be dressed appropriately for the incident. Maybe coveralls could be issued for non-emergency and medical calls.

officeguy

It depends on the type of call as to what kind of protective equipment you wear. Not all calls require full turnout gear, however you should be dressed appropriately for the incident. Maybe coveralls could be issued for non-emergency and medical calls.

The thing is, if you turn out in jeans and T-shirt and while you are out of the station, you get a call to a fire or accident, your unit wouldn't be equipped to respond even though it may be the fastest due to the fact that it is already rolling.

BernieP

Resident PIA
If I ever a have a fire at my house, for all I care the engineer running the pumps can wear a bikini, as long as they got going the second the call comes in.

They are volunteers, at times not everyone on the truck will be fully geared up.

Exactly what I'm thinking. Besides, the OP only states the attire on exiting the truck, we don't know what she put on once at the scene.
The gear is for their protection and I'm sure that if they were willing to risk injury or death, the officers aren't going to permit it.

mdff21

The thing is, if you turn out in jeans and T-shirt and while you are out of the station, you get a call to a fire or accident, your unit wouldn't be equipped to respond even though it may be the fastest due to the fact that it is already rolling.

They take their turnout gear with them on a non-emergency or medical calls. They just do not put it on until they are dispatched on a fire or accident.

Roman

I can only speak for Calvert County, but turn out gear has to be worn on the engines, even if it's just the pants or a jump suit. One can't assume that on their way back to base, that they won't get a fire call, then this person would be SOL. Unless of course, she had it on the engine, which I hope she did. I use to work at a Doctor's office and had to take an EMT aside because she did have her jump suit on, but it wasn't covering her breasts, and she had a sleeveless, tight shirt on. She had to zip that thing up before I would let her in with the patient. Even though we are volunteers, we are still suppose to be and LOOK professional.

Bucket.

I can only speak for Calvert County, but turn out gear has to be worn on the engines, even if it's just the pants or a jump suit. One can't assume that on their way back to base, that they won't get a fire call, then this person would be SOL. Unless of course, she had it on the engine, which I hope she did. I use to work at a Doctor's office and had to take an EMT aside because she did have her jump suit on, but it wasn't covering her breasts, and she had a sleeveless, tight shirt on. She had to zip that thing up before I would let her in with the patient. Even though we are volunteers, we are still suppose to be and LOOK professional.

Was she hawt? And if yes, SHAME on you!