ISO Recommendations Need trash removal company

MyTwoCents

We just moved to the area and need a trash removal company for our weekly trash and not having much luck. We live off of Stoakley road.
I've tried
All American
Ambers disposal
Affordable refuse (bad experience 1st two weeks)
Goode

They don't service our area except Affordable. Can someone please help. I need to get this set up quickly. We live in small community and all neighbors take their trash to the convenience center, I can't do that.
Thank you,
Dee

BernieP

Resident PIA
Do what my old neighbor did, put the bags in your trunk and take them to the closest dumpster.
Should be plenty of refuse containers at the shopping center on Rt 4.

awpitt

Main Streeter
We just moved to the area and need a trash removal company for our weekly trash and not having much luck. We live off of Stoakley road.
I've tried
All American
Ambers disposal
Goode

They don't service our area except Affordable. Can someone please help. I need to get this set up quickly. We live in small community and all neighbors take their trash to the convenience center, I can't do that.
Thank you,
Dee

Try Evergreen. I pay $70 every three months and they pick up on Tuesdays and Fridays.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Do what my old neighbor did, put the bags in your trunk and take them to the closest dumpster.
Should be plenty of refuse containers at the shopping center on Rt 4.

Don't get caught though. It's "theft of services" $400 fine.

mdff21

Bay Area Disposal They do dumpsters in the area and have seen a smaller non-dumpster truck running around.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Try Evergreen. I pay $70 every three months and they pick up on Tuesdays and Fridays.
she can always do the midnight special - drop it on the side of the road late at night.
a bag here, a bag there. Just make sure the bag rips so the trash disperses and will be easier for nature to reclaim.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Somebody missed the <snark> tag....

:lol: I found your reply funny because I am moving in a week, and facing the same thing. But, I am moving back to Montgomery County, and it is different there. I will miss Southern MD so much! And, I mean that. I always loved taking my trash to my local waste site on Ball Road; it was no problem. I have known those guys for 18 years. :bawl:

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
she can always do the midnight special - drop it on the side of the road late at night.
a bag here, a bag there. Just make sure the bag rips so the trash disperses and will be easier for nature to reclaim.

You don't know how many times I have seen bags on the side of the road just short of the Ball Road waste site. I guess they missed the 7pm closing. What is wrong with people? Seriously.

I have thought, sometimes, to stop and pick them up, but I didn't because you don't know what is in them. However, I have stopped to get a turtle out of the middle of the road. :smile:

Last edited:

IneedSkrimps

I've tried
All American
Ambers disposal
Goode

Thank you,
Dee

Ace Hauling is one of the few that services Calvert

My entire neighborhood uses them. Once a week pickup for $75 every 3 months. They are great.

Goldenhawk

Our neighborhood has a small pulloff near its entrance, just a few hundred feet from Rt 5. All kinds of crazy trash was regularly being dumped in plain view of the road... mattresses, couches, armchairs, kitchen trash, construction debris, you name it... and from looking closely at the debris (mail with addresses for example), some amount of it was coming from inside our own neighborhood. That's particularly odd because it's a fairly classy neighborhood.

The problem was fixed after about a year of complaining to the property owner, by the simple measure of blocking the pulloff with a log. It amazes me how little it took to fix - the log only changed the distance by 30 feet.

It also amazes me how many people will take the easy/cheap way out at the expense of others. Common courtesy and selflessness are rapidly disappearing.

"Integrity is who you are when nobody can see."

RareBreed

Throwing the deuces
Got a letter from All American Refuse saying that Evergreen will now be providing our service. Wonder why the change.

MyTwoCents

Yes but the one mentioned was $75 every three months for once per week pick up. I'm paying about the same for twice per week pick up.

I emailed them and they said Calvert County is once a week and it's $75 per quarter. When I questioned why yours was less for twice a week she said "I don't know. Maybe they got a promotion deal."

awpitt

Main Streeter
I emailed them and they said Calvert County is once a week and it's $75 per quarter. When I questioned why yours was less for twice a week she said "I don't know. Maybe they got a promotion deal."

No promotional deal, at least not that I'm aware of. Everyone I know who has Evergreen gets pick up twice a week. Even people who've been with them for a number of years. Which would be far beyond the time frame covered by a promotion.

MichaelRS

I would like to point out some tips that can relate to a good junk removal company. I found this blog entry http://www.redbins.ca/choosing-right-junk-removal-company/ by Bella on searching internet for good options in trash removal. Later I found MyTwoCents asking for a good and reliable trash removal company. So thought of sharing the idea I received from them here, if it comes to help for any in such a situation.
Despite the abundance of junk removal companies, there are reliable and questionable ones. This makes it hard to separate the good from bad. Some tips that can be used to identify a reputable waste removal company are:
1. Customer Service: The customer service provided by the company is one important factor that affects the feelings and makes us rely on the company. Their level of customer service, such as the number of options to available to reach them, their website content is relevant and informative of services offered, their flexibility to work around our schedule etc.
2. Capabilities: Depending on the job, the company's capability should be checked, like some companies may not have capacity to create an access road to isolated site. Companies with wider range of services will be able to get the job done, even if unforeseen complications arise, giving us a peace of mind.
3. Equipment: The size of fleet and truck are another option to check as if the number of trips they will need to clear our trash out will indirectly affect the overall cost too.
4. Cleanliness: The way a trash removal company maintains and handles their employees, vehicles and equipments is way enough to understand how they will be extending their service to us.
There are way more to consider such as the insurance protection, pricing model and environmental responsibility. If in doubt of any services, be sure to ask enough questions because trustworthy companies should be transparent and open with their clients.