Whirlpool dryer help

SandieGarry

Ok, my Whirlpool dryer is acting weird. I've been able to diagnose the problem to a bad user interface (the control panel behind the buttons). Online, the part goes for close to $300. Does anyone know of a source for use parts ?

thanks in advance

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ok, my Whirlpool dryer is acting weird. I've been able to diagnose the problem to a bad user interface (the control panel behind the buttons). Online, the part goes for close to $300. Does anyone know of a source for use parts ?

thanks in advance

When you say online is that the Whirlpool site??

I'd do a google just on the part number and see what you find.

SandieGarry

I did an extensive google search. Average price is $280. I did find a Facebook ad for a used part for $110. Was hoping to find a local source of used parts.

SandieGarry

Thanks folks. repair Clinic is $251 and out of stock. Appliance Parts is $296. I think I'll do some more shopping and buy a new part. I appreciate the replies.

Roman

Thanks folks. repair Clinic is $251 and out of stock. Appliance Parts is $296. I think I'll do some more shopping and buy a new part. I appreciate the replies.
With the price of those parts, not to mention the wait & fixing, have you considered getting a new dryer?