Can someone answer me this?

SamSpade

I've been on this site pretty much since it was created in the 90's. *Generally* I assumed that most people here are from Southern Maryland, this small part of the country consisting of three counties in Maryland.

So why would anyone post here if they're not only not from here, but have never lived here? Why would someone do that?

I get that people move away, and sadly when that happens, I'm forced to keep in touch via Facebook, because what goes in here carries little weight and they don't post much if at all.

I guess I don't get why anyone would post to this place if they've never lived here.

SamSpade

My only guess is someone googled something and it lead them here and they wanted to discuss it?

I guess. I participate on forums of all kinds on the web - only one other one political, but on lots of subjects.

But if I came across a website dedicated to a region of the country - heck, any country - that I'd never been to, why would I stay?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
I guess. I participate on forums of all kinds on the web - only one other one political, but on lots of subjects.

But if I came across a website dedicated to a region of the country - heck, any country - that I'd never been to, why would I stay?

You only need to come across one conversation that the internet leads you to, that you like. You poke around and see that somd.com has some informed individuals and good discussions, so you make an account and hang around.
Everything about this forum is applicable to just about anywhere in the country, except for the those that are specific to somd.

BernieP

Resident PIA
You only need to come across one conversation that the internet leads you to, that you like. You poke around and see that somd.com has some informed individuals and good discussions, so you make an account and hang around.
Everything about this forum is applicable to just about anywhere in the country, except for the those that are specific to somd.
:rotfl
:lmao
:lol

stgislander

PREMO Member
I imagine that if the time comes and I leave SoMD for good, I'd still stay plugged into SoMD.com and the forums.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I imagine that if the time comes and I leave SoMD for good, I'd still stay plugged into SoMD.com and the forums.

A lot of people do. You'd be amazed at how many lurkers we have on here who don't post all that much, but read almost every day.