One Liners, on a more serious note

Bacall

These one liners are for a group of troubled young women, ages 12-25, a few a little older. Most of them have been abused in one way or another. I need quotes or one-liners that are uplifting, encouraging, empowering or will make them laugh. These young women don't laugh a lot and have very poor self esteem.

H

HollowSoul

ahhh! damaged women.......just my speed!
any of em lookin?

Bacall

Originally posted by HollowSoul
ahhh! damaged women.......just my speed!
any of em lookin?

If they were I wouldn't refer them to you. They deserve better. Now would you be so kind as to go play in the thread you've already ruined?

nomoney

When you reach for the stars, you may not quite get them, but you won't come up with a handful of mud either.

K

Kain99

Anonymous - "A shameless man is one who, after a life time of being abused and accused still remains hopeful love will find a way."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
From my old dayrunner:

"A kite rises against the wind, not with it"

"Only in darkness can you see the stars"

"It's never too late to have a happy childhood"

"If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

H

HollowSoul

every tomorrow is another possibility
with every rise and fall of the sun is a new day full of experiences
follow your heart not your mind
there are 3 types of people in the world...those that watch what happened, those that make things happen,....and those that wonder what happened
every emotion has a song
the next time you feel alone, look at the moon and realize that the one person who was meant for you is looking at the same moon

nomoney

Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.

Bacall

Some of these are very good. I appreciate the help. I can put it all together night and use it tomorrow. That doesn't mean stop!

Bacall

Originally posted by nomoney
Flatter me, and I may not believe you. Criticize me, and I may not like you. Ignore me, and I may not forgive you. Encourage me, and I may not forget you.

That one brought tears to my eyes.

nomoney

The most effective way to do it, is to do it.

The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.

We could never learn to be brave and patient if there were only joy in the world.

Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.

H

HollowSoul

even though you think you have it rough.....someone has it worse

if you have the habbit of getting up on the wrong side of the bed....scoot it against the wall

you are your own person, don't be anyone but yourself,

you have friends somewhere,

all good things take time......so learn to be patient

J

justhangn

Watch your thoughts, they become your words.
Watch your words, they become your actions.
Watch your actions, they become your habits.
Watch your habits, they become your character.

Everyday is like another dream held together by the first dream and wishes of how the next dream will be.