Carter is only former president to RSVP for Trump's inauguration

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" One month out, Jimmy Carter is the only former president to RSVP to President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration, while Bill Clinton and George W. Bush are putting off their decision until the new year.

The Clintons have been keeping a low profile since the election and have made no decisions about whether to attend, according to a person familiar with the planning. Angel Urena, a spokesman for Bill Clinton, declined to comment.

Bush’s spokesman, Freddy Ford, told POLITICO that the most recent Republican president will not announce whether he will attend until the new year, while a source familiar with the matter said Bush is also still weighing whether to show up. George W. Bush had tweeted out a statement of congratulations to Trump after the election, but neither he nor his father endorsed Trump, who often mocked his brother Jeb throughout the GOP primary.

George H.W. Bush has confirmed that he will not be at the inauguration, according to his spokesman, Jim McGrath, who cited the 41st president’s age, 92, as the reason why he will skip. "

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/12/trump-inauguration-presidents-232937

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It doesn't surprise me that sour grapes Hillary harangued her husband into not attending the inauguration. Bill Clinton is many things, but bitter and petty was never one of them, so you know the decision to not attend was Hillary's idea.

I'm so glad that horrible woman lost.

littlelady

God bless the USA
It seems that Hill and Bill, and George and Laura will be attending the Inauguration, after all. Jimmy was already attending. I am assuming Barry and Michelle will attend, as well...oh, wait...

littlelady

God bless the USA
Forum Alert! There seems to be a baby loose on somd forum. Y'all keep a look out. Poor little guy. :baby:

Last edited: