US Sen. Warren seeks to pull pot shops out of banking limbo

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Wonder if she'll do the same thing for the gun store banking that's being "Choke pointed" out of existence.
U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren, a Massachusetts Democrat, is leading an effort to make sure vendors working with legal marijuana businesses, from chemists who test marijuana for harmful substances to firms that provide security, don't have their banking services taken away.

For some reason I doubt it

https://www.yahoo.com/news/us-sen-warren-seeks-pull-051346059.html

Chris0nllyn

The gun store thing withstanding, this is a good thing.

Something is seriously screwed up when the govt. forces a multi-billion dollar industry to operate in cash only, won't allow them to use traditional banking systems, but the IRS has no problem offering guidelines on how they can file and pay taxes.

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, this is a perfect case for limiting the Feds powers. But should be applied across the board, no special cases for the liberals pet causes.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's not surprising that Fauxcahontas is all about the dope. She acts like she's stoned most of the time anyway. No sober person can be that woefully incoherent.

Hijinx

Elizabeth Warren knows her friends.
We are going to see a lot of her in the next 4 years. She wants to be President.

I ask Chris: Why should the gun store thing be withstanding.
Why should any legal business not have the right to use banks?

Chris0nllyn

I ask Chris: Why should the gun store thing be withstanding.
Why should any legal business not have the right to use banks?

I think they should.

Notwithstanding is another way to say "nevertheless" or "in spite of" and I said it because it wasn't the topic at hand.

glhs837

Power with Control
I think they should.

Notwithstanding is another way to say "nevertheless" or "in spite of" and I said it because it wasn't the topic at hand.

Well, tis and it isn't. This speaks directly to the "Crony Politics",where you dont think of the people, you think only of your ideological buddies.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka

Something is seriously screwed up when the govt. forces a multi-billion dollar industry to operate in cash only, won't allow them to use traditional banking systems, but the IRS has no problem offering guidelines on how they can file and pay taxes.

If Marijuana remains illegal in the eyes of the Federal government (which it does) why and how can the Federal government then regulate Marijuana in good faith? Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Something is seriously screwed up when the govt. forces a multi-billion dollar industry to operate in cash only .....

no, because FEDS didn't really want to go along with this .... well now that the money is rolling, minds are changing

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

This especially screwed up when the feds are actively trying to do away with cash completely.

This_person

If Marijuana remains illegal in the eyes of the Federal government (which it does) why and how can the Federal government then regulate Marijuana in good faith? Kinda hypocritical isn't it?

This issue Sen Warren is attempting to handle is just because of the issue you raise. They can cause the Feds to close down the shops themselves, but people will be very upset about that because state laws allow for it in direct conflict with federal law (but, people are stupid). So, if you make the money trail easier, and limit the federal ability to attack the money, you will encourage the business, until law is no longer an issue (much like the law that requires a man walk in front of a woman driver waving a red flag to warn people (yes, that law exists in Memphis, but it pretty stupid because it is neither enforced nor enforceable).

Follow the money, they say.