The Obama years stumble to a cheesy climax

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
The Obama years stumble to a cheesy climax

Barack Obama is obsessed with what he calls his “legacy,” but doesn’t seem to understand what a legacy is. It’s not something a president or anyone else can write or devise, to put it on a scroll for the National Archives, to be taken out to be read in a ceremony on the Fourth of July.

[clip]

The president has done what he could to people the federal bureaucracy with new appointments designed to disable the new president at the beginning of his administration, with appointments to boards and commissions ranging from the National Council on Disability to the Amtrak Board of Directors to the boards of visitors to the military academies.

“He’s doing all this stuff as his legacy,” says Newt Gingrich, the former speaker and onetime candidate for president. “If he goes through three more weeks of this stuff, who is the country going to think is the extremist? Trump? Or Obama.”

Indeed. Barack Obama has always portrayed himself as a man of dignity and repute, aspiring to stateliness, and now in his last days in office he’s acting, in the words of one pundit, as if “Obama and John Kerry are tenants who trash the place as they are being evicted.”

Some of the dead-end Democrats are even urging Mr. Obama to try, like a mouse in pursuit of a piece of cheese discovered in a rat hole, to exploit a loophole in the law that could enable him to put Merrick Garland on the U.S. Supreme Court with a recess appointment in the few seconds between the Obama and the Trump presidencies.

Hijinx

Is anyone surprised? Trump has a lot of firing to do.

Obama is throwing sand in the gears of the new administration.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“Obama and John Kerry are tenants who trash the place as they are being evicted.”

This is exactly what they're doing. If it were up to me, Obama voters would never be allowed to vote ever again. Clearly they aren't responsible or knowledgeable enough for such an important task.

Hijinx

I cannot help but have the bad feeling that every time we turn around the press will be running to these two a-holes for comment on Trumps actions.

If only they and the Clintons would just disappear.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I cannot help but have the bad feeling that every time we turn around the press will be running to these two a-holes for comment on Trumps actions.

If only they and the Clintons would just disappear.

THIS ^^^^ It's precisely what Obongo plans for his post-presidency scorched earth plan.

USA Today capture on MSN.com said:
"I don’t see him immediately becoming a Jimmy Carter-like thorn in the new president's side," said Anthony Clark, author of The Last Campaign: How Presidents Rewrite History, Run for Posterity & Enshrine Their Legacies. "But I also think he's going to be more critical than previous presidents have been. He's going to have to find a way to be anti-Trump without appearing to be anti-Trump."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...-plans/ar-BBxRhUa?li=BBnbfcL&ocid=mailsignout