For Schumer, it’s about retribution.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Schumer promises to block Trump’s Supreme Court pick

For Schumer, it’s about retribution. The Republican-controlled Senate failed even to vote on President Obama’s last nomination to the highest court, Merrick Garland, who was put up for the job after the sudden death of Justice Antonin Scalia.

Republicans instead made the Supreme Court a campaign issue, saying whoever was elected president would get to nominate Scalia’s replacement.

The Democratic Senate leader told host Maddow that Republicans got away with not voting on Obama’s nominee, but that “the consequences will be down the road.”

But in June, Schumer sang a different tune, blasting Republicans for not doing their duty and for creating “chaos.”

“Senate Republicans need to do their job and give Judge Garland the hearing and vote he deserves because the American people deserve a fully functioning court,” said Schumer in a June 8, 2016, press release.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Can't the Senate use the Nuclear option and tell Chuck the Schmuck to go screw himself?

I suppose. However, given Trump is pals with Chuck and not with Mitch and given the spanking Trump just gave Ryan and his merry band of politically tone deaf marauders, I'm thinking Trump is going to pretty much have his way with this next pick. It does him, Trump, no good to have some long, drawn out confirmation battle. So, he'll ask Chuck who he'd support, he'll ask Mitch who on Schumers list who he can get behind and thus, a deal.

If Mitch digs his heels in, he's the one at risk, not Trump, because mid Terms are coming fast and if Ryan wants to go into them with this ethics thing all over his face and Mitch wants to be verified as an ideological roadblock, they'll pay for it. Not Trump.

Hijinx

I suppose. However, given Trump is pals with Chuck and not with Mitch and given the spanking Trump just gave Ryan and his merry band of politically tone deaf marauders, I'm thinking Trump is going to pretty much have his way with this next pick. It does him, Trump, no good to have some long, drawn out confirmation battle. So, he'll ask Chuck who he'd support, he'll ask Mitch who on Schumers list who he can get behind and thus, a deal.

If Mitch digs his heels in, he's the one at risk, not Trump, because mid Terms are coming fast and if Ryan wants to go into them with this ethics thing all over his face and Mitch wants to be verified as an ideological roadblock, they'll pay for it. Not Trump.

That's your opinion you are welcome to it.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
That's your opinion you are welcome to it.

You think I just make this #### up, right? You think I just decided Donald Trump, lifetime NYC resident and businessman, real estate no less, is long time pals with Chuck Schumer, US Senator, New York?

Hijinx

You think I just make this #### up, right? You think I just decided Donald Trump, lifetime NYC resident and businessman, real estate no less, is long time pals with Chuck Schumer, US Senator, New York?

I will be honest with you Larry. I don't know what will happen, but if Trump goes to Schumer and brings a liberal POS into the Supreme Court Trump is going to have a very bitter electorate to deal with for 4 years and I would personally try to see him impeached.

Now that doesn't mean a thing to Trump, but Million of me's does or should.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I will be honest with you Larry. I don't know what will happen, but if Trump goes to Schumer and brings a liberal POS into the Supreme Court Trump is going to have a very bitter electorate to deal with for 4 years and I would personally try to see him impeached.

Now that doesn't mean a thing to Trump, but Million of me's does or should.

I don't think it's going to be a Liberal POS, as you so elegantly put it. It's just not gonna be a Scalia or Alito, ie, someone where there's gonna be a long, contentious fight. The D's will have to put up a fight whomever it is because their constituents will demand it. And the R's have to put up someone whose at least thought of as a little right of center for the millions of you's.

My only point is that Trump isn't going to waste his, or the nations, time on some long ass drawn out battle. You'll be told who is and isn't acceptable from a right wing standpoint and it will be someone Trump knows Chuck can pitch a fake fit over and ultimately accept.

Who knows? Maybe Trump will see it easier to do the things he wants with the court as is, give you guys the loudest bible thumper he can find and let the battle go on all year so he can get other things pushed through with the current left lean that exists absent Scalia?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
'The Democrats, lead [sic] by head clown Chuck Schumer, know how bad ObamaCare is and what a mess they are in. Instead of working to fix it, they do the typical political thing and BLAME,' Trump wrote in a series of morning tweets.

'The fact is ObamaCare was a lie from the beginning."Keep you [sic] doctor, keep your plan!" It is time for Republicans & Democrats to get together and come up with a healthcare plan that really works - much less expensive & FAR BETTER!'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pass-expensive-replacement.html#ixzz4UuCC4j1p
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

:killingme