Carson: Equal Rights Does Not Mean Extra Rights

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Carson: Equal Rights Does Not Mean Extra Rights

As he jousted with Senate Democrats on Thursday during his confirmation hearing to become secretary of housing and urban development, Ben Carson affirmed his view that no group is entitled to an extra helping of equality.

Sen. Sherrod Brown, D-Ohio, asked Carson about enforcing LGBT protections in the public housing sector.

[clip]

“What I have said before is I don’t think anyone should get ‘extra rights,’” he said.

[clip]

Carson faced tough questioning from Sen. Elizabeth Warren, D-Mass., about whether President-elect Donald Trump might benefit financially from any of HUD’s housing programs.

WTF is Carson supposed to have a Crystal Ball now ?

Last edited:

littlelady

God bless the USA
Warren is ludicrous, and her question was ludicrous. Dr. Carson would have made an excellent prez. Do the libprogs really see color of skin, or just the color of their agenda?

Hijinx

Warren is ludicrous, and her question was ludicrous. Dr. Carson would have made an excellent prez. Do the libprogs really see color of skin, or just the color of their agenda?

Lizzie is running for President as a Democrat. Nothing will be too low for her.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
WTF is Carson supposed to have a Crystal Ball now ?

Ben needs to pay attention; the line is this simple; "The President is protected, under the law, from having to meet conflict of interest laws everyone else faces. Even so, he is taking great strides to try and avoid the appearance of conflict as best he can, far beyond what he is required to do. Changing that law is a legislative action. I'm aspiring to a cabinet position."

This_person

Ben needs to pay attention; the line is this simple; "The President is protected, under the law, from having to meet conflict of interest laws everyone else faces. Even so, he is taking great strides to try and avoid the appearance of conflict as best he can, far beyond what he is required to do. Changing that law is a legislative action. I'm aspiring to a cabinet position."

And, after that, turn it back around: "As Representatives and Senators are also exempt from conflict-of-interest laws, can you tell me that no one in either House of Congress will not benefit financially from any of HUD's - or other department's - programs?"

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And, after that, turn it back around: "As Representatives and Senators are also exempt from conflict-of-interest laws, can you tell me that no one in either House of Congress will not benefit financially from any of HUD's - or other department's - programs?"

That's news to me. I thought the president had unique privileges here?

This_person

Hijinx

Congress exempts themselves from a lot of things including sexual harassment laws.

ask yourself why they did that.