The Women’s March on Washington isn’t just about Trump anymore

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" WASHINGTON The day after Donald Trump is inaugurated as president, an estimated 200,000 people from across the country will flood the capital for a mass demonstration billed as the Women’s March on Washington.Some will be standing up for what are traditionally labeled women’s issues, such as equal pay and paid family leave. Many say they will be marching just to feel heard, and to express their fear that a range of liberal causes could be endangered under the Trump administration.

But many organizers say the march is not just an anti-Trump protest. It’s as much a rallying cry FOR all those people and issues on the other side as it against him, they say.

“We don’t consider this a protest. It’s a positive movement,” said Elizabeth O’Gorek, 38, who co-chairs the local logistics committee in Washington. “All of these causes – environmental concerns, immigration, Black Lives Matter – those are all women’s issues.”

Margie Storch, 61, said she was alarmed at the rhetoric Trump used on the campaign trail and some of the policies he proposed. But the longtime civil rights activist said she wasn’t making the seven-hour bus ride from Charlotte, North Carolina, to Washington to protest him.

“Donald Trump is our president,” she said. “I feel like we need to continue to communicate with him and our representatives in Congress and just let them know what we want. I want to show up and speak out for women’s rights, human rights, civil rights, health care rights – all the things that I believe in.” "

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/article126425489.html

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
“Donald Trump is our president,” she said. “I feel like we need to continue to communicate with him and our representatives in Congress and just let them know what we want. I want to show up and speak out for women’s rights, human rights, civil rights, health care rights – all the things that I believe in.” "

A feminist with a brain....

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Some will be standing up for what are traditionally labeled women’s issues, such as equal pay and paid family leave.

Wanting all things equally, will the paid family leave be offered to males as well?

“All of these causes – environmental concerns, immigration, Black Lives Matter – those are all women’s issues.”

What about blue lives matter? By immigration is she referring to illegals that chose to ignore our laws?

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
Wanting all things equally, will the paid family leave be offered to males as well?

What about blue lives matter? By immigration is she referring to illegals that chose to ignore our laws?

she could as easily mean the the restoration of our borders.

yeah, I don't think so either.

pelers

I totally agree that family leave should be offered to both parents. However, women NEED the time off. Physically. We're nasty, bloody messes after giving birth. Yeah, we CAN go right back to work, but it'll likely cause lasting damage to our bodies from not giving them time to heal.

kom526

They call me ... Sarcasmo
Funny thing about this "Women's March". The organizers have seen fit to not include, dis invite and/or prohibit pro life women because you can't be a feminist without supporting abortion.

BUT (You knew there was a but didn't you?)

They'll stand cheek to cheek with the women of CAIR.

black dog

Free America
Funny thing about this "Women's March". The organizers have seen fit to not include, dis invite and/or prohibit pro life women because you can't be a feminist without supporting abortion.

BUT (You knew there was a but didn't you?)

They'll stand cheek to cheek with the women of CAIR.

They didn't invite the Pro- Choice???
This is my shocked face.
View attachment 116713

glhs837

Power with Control
OMG, the local DC news is almost fainting trying to press the crap out of this. Empowering stories like tic-tacs. I loved the story of the pop-up shop called "The Outrage", a place to gather and share, with the owner talking about ladies stopping by to just get a hug, or ask if they can sit on the couch and cry........ oh, and of course, you can buy all the cool merchandise there. My favorite bit was an older guy shopping, his take... "Women can't do it themselves.....Uh, I mean they can, of course, but they shouldn't have to"

Me, I'm trying to figure out what they hell they are protesting.