Trump supporters

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like, real ones, not just the "not Hillarys" and the Johnny come latelys.

I can't possibly be the only person on here who was genuinely supportive of a Trump presidency fairly early on. I know Bann was all on board, before I was even. We cannot be the only ones. Care to raise your hand?

If it's true what certain people say, that Trump supporters are all a bunch of illiterate morons who only voted for him because they hated Hillary, or were buffaloed by Trump and think he's going to be some hard right winger, or whatever other crazy reasons these people are flinging out there, then I will consider myself enlightened and concede my position. But I don't believe that. I could and have enumerated my reasons for voting Trump, issue by issue, point by point. And none of those reasons was, "because I'm retarded and got taken in by a con man." Bann is the same thing - she can and has gone down the reasoned and precise list of why she supported and voted for Trump.

We can't possibly be the only ones.

If you voted for Trump, please tell us why. I'd like to either put that insulting condescending progbot supposition to rest, OR I'd like to change my opinion and realize that I really am a unique and special snowflake.

black dog

Free America
Trump is a self-made man. Regardless of getting a loan from his father, he used that money to make a name and legacy for himself and his family. I hope that Trump’s experience as a businessman and negotiating experience will enable our country to operate more effectively when it comes to managing our money and that we as a country are in a much better place after his eight years in office.

I was a Trump fan as soon as he said he was running for office, I'm a believer that he really loves this great country and has put himself into the fray for the sole reason that he feels that he can turn America back into the powerhouse that we used to be.
He wants to serve the people instead of a political system that wants to serve itself. My life won’t change much, except I will have more hope that my government is trying to make our country strong instead of pandering to its own liberal interests. My main hope is that he will help balance our budget, and secondly that he will help our economy to remain strong.

I don’t want the Clinton legacy continued in the White House. We impeached one Clinton, and there is too much scandal that revolves around the other. Why would I want that legacy in my government? Not to mention the Clinton disregard for the Constitution, just the thought of Hillary being President makes me think on what country to move to.
He may say controversial things, but at least he tells you what he thinks. I love the way he responds and I feel like I know where I stand with Trump. He says what he thinks, right or wrong, and I know what I’m dealing with.
And I will also say that Trump is the first President that I have voted for that I agree with on almost every topic.

Hijinx

I was not Trump fan from the start of his run, I thought he was playing with us.
As time went on and the Republicans came out against him, I started wondering WTF was going on.
Like the Republican party had anything to brag on after they have cowered and given in to Democrats for 4 years.
It started to feel good as Trump started to come ahead in spite of both parties fighting him
I started rooting for him.
Now no denial I would have rooted for anyone against Hillary.
But now after voting for Trump I feel he has a chance to make a good President.
If the Republicans will back him. I believe he has shown the Press as what they are ---Petulant liberals.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Having met both you and Bann, I can emphatically say you're none of those things. People that spout this nonsense have nothing of any real substance to offer.

"Lewis said a stupid thing."
"You're a racist!"

That's extend to which these people think. Nothing beyond their hateful noses.

I was a reluctant Trump voter. Skeptical. In many ways I still am. If you don't have a certain level of skepticism towards any of these people, you haven't learned much from the past. But, like Obama, I wanted to give him a chance. No I didn't vote for Obama; but when he was elected I decided to hold some iota of optimism that he would do some good things. I at least want to give elected presidents a chance. They at least deserve my respect for the accomplishment of obtaining the highest, most powerful office in the world.

My vote for Trump was an anti-Hillary/anti-Obama-continued-agenda vote. I think that's worthwhile reason given the work I have done for the past 30 years.
Because I couldn't see us continuing down this path, and it was only Trump and Clinton, it was a logical choice.

But, as you know, I have a lot of concerns about Trump; and this is mostly out of how things have played out over the past 16+ years. I am encouraged that the country felt we needed a republican congress and president; a sign of us wanting to change directions. Will it results in changing directions? Again, given how things played out when Bush took office, I am nervously optimistic.

Toxick

Splat
saltbae_trump.jpg

PrchJrkr

Long Haired Country Boy
Ad Free Experience
Patron
I can't believe you morons think that Trump actually won the election!!! Hillary had 33 billion more votes, or something like that. Michael Moore says so!!!

I wasn't on board with Trump at first, but as I saw that even Republican politicians were turning their backs on him, it appeared that they were more worried about their positions (perks), than they were the country. It was like they were afraid an outsider may expose their graft.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
I don't believe our representation government intended for there to be career politicians. All the farmers pick 1 guy to go to DC and represent them. Same for the loggers, watermen, autoworkers, etc. The elected person would have the pulse of what was important to their constituents.

Fast forward 150 years. We have people that get elected and never leave. They build a small kingdom. Get on all the good committees that hand out the perks. Lobbyists line their pockets with campaign contributions. Lots of millionaires on Capital Hill.

I liked it when the presidents had some military experience. Most likely they were junior officers and got told what to do. They were part of a large, rigid system. They learned to operate within the limitations of that system.

I thought it was a good idea when people like Ross Perot or Lee Iococca talked about running for president. It makes sense to let someone that has run a business to take the reins of the government.

When Trump was in the early stages of the primaries most of the talking heads were nailing his coffin shut every day. He was written off early & often. When his campaign gained momentum the GOP establishment took note. Then slowly they attempted to derail his progress. I took note that even the established types were fearful of this man. What was it that they were so afraid of?

I'm glad he won. He certainly took a lot of jabs along the way. I delight in watching all the video compilations of TV show host proclaiming hell never be president.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
I can honestly say I wasn't for either one....
He is President and I will support him the best I can do......just like I did with Obama who I didn't want to be President......

tommyjo

Trump is a self-made man. Regardless of getting a loan from his father, he used that money to make a name and legacy for himself and his family. I hope that Trump’s experience as a businessman and negotiating experience will enable our country to operate more effectively when it comes to managing our money and that we as a country are in a much better place after his eight years in office.
Trump's not any more of a self made man than Paris Hilton is a self made fashion designer. He had daddy's loan, daddy's illegal loans, daddy's inheritances. Any dumbass could have turned a few hundred million into a few billon over 30 years.

I was a Trump fan as soon as he said he was running for office, I'm a believer that he really loves this great country and has put himself into the fray for the sole reason that he feels that he can turn America back into the powerhouse that we used to be.

Bull...Trump ran as a vendetta. He has shown no interest in turning America in a powerhouse for he understands nothing of what this country is about.

He wants to serve the people instead of a political system that wants to serve itself. My life won’t change much, except I will have more hope that my government is trying to make our country strong instead of pandering to its own liberal interests.

If you define "the people" as wealthy white males, maybe you are right.

My main hope is that he will help balance our budget, and secondly that he will help our economy to remain strong.

That's is just f****ing stupid. We are running a modest deficit now. The ever changing positions of Mr. Trump include cutting taxes and massively increasing spending. How in the hell do you think Trump can balance a budget doing that?

I don’t want the Clinton legacy continued in the White House. We impeached one Clinton, and there is too much scandal that revolves around the other. Why would I want that legacy in my government? Not to mention the Clinton disregard for the Constitution, just the thought of Hillary being President makes me think on what country to move to.

So you voted against Clinton....that was your sole reason.

He may say controversial things, but at least he tells you what he thinks. I love the way he responds and I feel like I know where I stand with Trump. He says what he thinks, right or wrong, and I know what I’m dealing with.

He is the President -Elect for Christ's sake! His words have impact! He doesn't seem to understand thing one about the impact the words of a President has. How in the hell do you know where he stands? (Other than standing for having the mindset of a 5year old girl.)

And I will also say that Trump is the first President that I have voted for that I agree with on almost every topic.

Again...the man doesn't have a solid position on any topic. How can you agree with him on almost every topic?

Hijinx

Trump's not any more of a self made man than Paris Hilton is a self made fashion designer. He had daddy's loan, daddy's illegal loans, daddy's inheritances. Any dumbass could have turned a few hundred million into a few billon over 30 years.

Bull...Trump ran as a vendetta. He has shown no interest in turning America in a powerhouse for he understands nothing of what this country is about.

If you define "the people" as wealthy white males, maybe you are right.

That's is just f****ing stupid. We are running a modest deficit now. The ever changing positions of Mr. Trump include cutting taxes and massively increasing spending. How in the hell do you think Trump can balance a budget doing that?

So you voted against Clinton....that was your sole reason.

He is the President -Elect for Christ's sake! His words have impact! He doesn't seem to understand thing one about the impact the words of a President has. How in the hell do you know where he stands? (Other than standing for having the mindset of a 5year old girl.)

Again...the man doesn't have a solid position on any topic. How can you agree with him on almost every topic?

Might I ask what was your reasoning for voting for a woman with the sorry record that Hillary had?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Might I ask what was your reasoning for voting for a woman with the sorry record that Hillary had?

NO! Start a new thread. I don't want it to go off the rails before I get everyone's take about why they voted for Trump.

glhs837

Power with Control
Having met both you and Bann, I can emphatically say you're none of those things. People that spout this nonsense have nothing of any real substance to offer.

"Lewis said a stupid thing."
"You're a racist!"

That's extend to which these people think. Nothing beyond their hateful noses.

I don't believe our representation government intended for there to be career politicians.

Just this evening, +30 year friend who happens to be a pretty liberal guy posted a video showing various clips of civil rights protestors in the 60s being beaten and abused by cops and citizens. It was titled "How Trump would treat MLK". I asked what he based that on. He spent a couple of sentences expressing his astonishment at how blind and stupid I must be to even pose that question, do I even know what Trump has said. Maybe I shouldnt be on his page...... I just said disagreeing with a black man doesn't make you a racist and said goodbye.

That sort of rabid disagreement with no space for different view points is one reason I voted for Trump. Monellos pointis the other reason.

Hijinx

NO! Start a new thread. I don't want it to go off the rails before I get everyone's take about why they voted for Trump.

Don't worry she won't come back with an answer---she never does. ---Just poops in the punch bowl and runs.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I supported/voted for Trump because he came closest to my beliefs. I would have liked to see Dr. Carson or Gov. Huckabee, but that didn't happen.

One thing I will not do is not vote. I will always exercise that right. I voted for Trump. He was my only option. I wish his Admin well, and hope We/US benefit from his election. God bless America.