Trump: ‘He Has This Deep Fear That He Is Not a Legitimate President’

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" In the days immediately after the election that shocked the world, POLITICO Magazine convened the group of people who know Donald J. Trump better than anyone outside his family. We asked his biographers the questions that were on everyone’s mind: What happens next? Will the unabashedly self-promoting and self-obsessed businessman transform himself into a selfless and dignified president of the nation he was elected to lead?

Now, after more than two months of Trump’s norm-shattering transition, we gathered Gwenda Blair, Michael D’Antonio and Tim O’Brien by conference call (Wayne Barrett, the dean of Trump reporters, could not participate because of illness) to assess whether Trump has continued to surprise them. Their collective wisdom? In a word, no.

From his pick of nominees for posts in his cabinet to his belligerent use of Twitter (our conversation was a day before he traded barbs with Congressman John Lewis) to his unwillingness to cut ties with his business to avoid conflicts of interest, they see the same person they’ve always seen—the consummate classroom troublemaker; a vain, insecure bully; and an anti-institutional schemer, as adept at “gaming the system” as he is unashamed.

As they look ahead to his inauguration speech in two days, and to his administration beyond, they feel confident predicting that he will run the country much as he has run his company. For himself.

“He’s not going to be that concerned with the actual competent administration of the government,” D’Antonio said. “It’s going to be what he seems to be gaining or losing in public esteem. So almost like a monarch. The figurehead who rallies people and gets credit for things.” "

http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2017/01/trump-biographers-presidency-legitimate-214655

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Yeah...you can just see it,

You morons on the left never did have much in the way of depth.

SamSpade

If he wins a second term... They'll go fetal!

Read an article today that basically says - the protests almost guarantee it.

Because they are not protesting a policy or an action. They just don't like him.

So they are throwing a tantrum. That's the best way to describe it. I'll hold my breath until I die stuff.

And I think even people not paying much attention to politics see it that way.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Read an article today that basically says - the protests almost guarantee it.

Because they are not protesting a policy or an action. They just don't like him.

So they are throwing a tantrum. That's the best way to describe it. I'll hold my breath until I die stuff.

And I think even people not paying much attention to politics see it that way.

And it was the not liking him that made him more popular and handed him the win.

Hijinx

IMO taking on the job of President would be a very humbling experience.
I would ask myself if I was ready to take on such immense job
I would think even Donald Trump would have his own doubts.

Only a narcissist a-hole like the one leaving would go in with no doubts.

SamSpade

And it was the not liking him that made him more popular and handed him the win.

I don't know that the left ever understood this.

They want to believe the right is made up of a cobbling of greedy rich men and ignorant rednecks - so they want to believe that if they painted Trump as Hitler - the rich guys and rednecks said Oh boy, Hitler, let's vote for him.

But it was more like - these morons REALLY, REALLY hate him to the point they're willing to just make #### up to stop him - let's vote for him to make them all piss their pants.

Let me be clear - when a vast swath of Hollywood elites and rock stars - the very CREAM of American royalty - all hate Trump - I *know* he's the right guy.
Their huge cry of panic and disapproval made the point all too clear - their opinion is always the opposite of what I want.
Seriously - the next time someone from the Republican Party is someone Hollywood LOVES - run like hell away from him.

PsyOps

Pixelated
IMO taking on the job of President would be a very humbling experience.
I would think even Donald Trump would have his own doubts.

Only a narcissist a-hole like the one leaving would go in with no doubts.

What hit me about the OP was the reliance on hearsay in order to dredge up one more anti-Trump story.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Well, you're not and neither am I. But remember that you don't have to know everything to be president; you just have to know a lot of people who know things. If I was tapped to be President of St. Mary's County, I could do it in a minute because I know who to place in various positions - *I* can't do those jobs, but I know who can. Then all I have to do is oversee them on some level so I can communicate it back to the People. That's how leadership is supposed to work.

SamSpade

Well, you're not and neither am I. But remember that you don't have to know everything to be president; you just have to know a lot of people who know things. If I was tapped to be President of St. Mary's County, I could do it in a minute because I know who to place in various positions - *I* can't do those jobs, but I know who can. Then all I have to do is oversee them on some level so I can communicate it back to the People. That's how leadership is supposed to work.

One of the odd things about the Eisenhower administration - much of it so lauded as being during a time of general peace and prosperity - is that DURING his term he was widely assaulted as not doing anything.

My dad said there was a joke then that went - "Truman proved that anyone could be President; Eisenhower proved we didn't need one".

What you're saying is largely true if not scary - the nation is largely lead by people who aren't the President.

SamSpade

It's apparent they still don't, since they haven't changed their tactics or taken the time to reflect on why they lost.

It REALLY would be a good idea to never clue them in on it. I would rather them NEVER know what they did wrong than make a shot at fixing it and getting another chance.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
What you're saying is largely true if not scary - the nation is largely lead by people who aren't the President.

It's *led* by the president, but *administrated* by the team s/he puts in place. Leaders and administrators are two different positions. I don't know a lot about the Eisenhower administration, but he being a General would surely know how to lead and delegate. Trump clearly has that skill as well.