Obama is ‘a good role model’

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) said President Obama is a quality family man, adding Wednesday that the outgoing leader inspires the same behavior in young American men.

“I think President Obama has been a good role model for young men throughout our society,” he told host Wolf Blitzer on CNN’s “The Situation Room." "[It is] especially for people like him, who grew up without a father.”

“[Obama’s] been an excellent father and an excellent husband,” added Cotton, who endorsed President-elect Donald Trump’s White House run last year.

“I think the kind of quiet dignity that he’s brought to the private side of his life sets a really good example for young men all around the country who maybe don’t have a father figure or don’t have a role model they can look up to. And I think it will have a lasting impact.”Obama first entered the White House in 2009, making history as the nation’s first African-American president. "

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/314979-cotton-obama-a-good-role-model

SamSpade

As a father and husband - I really can't argue with this. His kids are good kids, and - all arguments about "scandal" aside - there's no evidence of any philandering on his part.
His wife is a good person and they would seem to have a good family.

And there's no "but". Disagree with most everything else. Still good to his family.

tommyjo

What exactly in that post about the man's private life, how he has filled his role as a father and husband, is so hilarious to you?

You find our President Elect to be a better role model? With his divorces, affairs, scandals, and agreeing on national radio that his daughter is a "piece of ass"...you find THAT to be a better role model for young men?

This_person

As a father and husband - I really can't argue with this. His kids are good kids, and - all arguments about "scandal" aside - there's no evidence of any philandering on his part.

And there's no "but". Disagree with most everything else. Still good to his family.

Have to agree. I have many issues with his professional performance, but by most all accounts he is a good father and husband. I question the choice of someone like Beyonce as a role model for his daughters, but that was MO's opinion, not his (I think). His desire to have a phone that his daughters can reach him quickly, having his MIL live with them, etc., were signs of being a good dad.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Pretty sure Michelle wouldn't put up with philandering and humiliation. If he tried that crap she'd beat his ass in public. At least I believe that's what she'd do just because I like her (when she's not being a racist POS) and have respect for her as a woman.

So there's where we are now: we admire a Democrat president who can manage to go 8 years without a sex scandal and a black man who didn't abandon his children and bebe mama. That's fairly racist and what's hilarious is that they don't even see it.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
What exactly in that post about the man's private life ......

“I think President Obama has been a good role model for young men throughout our society,”

the Affirmative Action President with NO accomplishments .... a failure running the country, the best thing was all the time he spent AWAY from the office not ####ing things up

SamSpade

You find our President Elect to be a better role model? With his divorces, affairs, scandals, and agreeing on national radio that his daughter is a "piece of ass"...you find THAT to be a better role model for young men?

This - I find hilarious, if not tragic. You, who go to such great lengths to nitpick jumps of logic - you're going here?

Who here has ever promoted Trump as some kind of role model as a husband?

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The fact that Obama is a good family man is a credit to the people who raised him properly. That would be Tutu & Poppop, Stan and Madie.

He's a role model for family stability. Any more than that is speculation since we don't see the nuances of their daily life outside of the occasional photo op or seeing them head out to the airport for another vacation.

SamSpade

When did he do that?

He didn't. Howard asked if he could call her that. Trump said "yeah".

Now granted, if Howard asked ME that, I would say "you can - but I'll beat the #### out of yours if you say it to my face".

But I don't exactly say letting a crude DJ say what he's going to say anyway quite the same as agreeing with him.

-----

But - I don't care. Apparently the Dems are OK with a guy who was President in the 90's and TREATED women that way, but are offended by one who says it out loud.

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
having his MIL live with them, etc., were signs of being a good dad.

I'm sure this was Ms. Robinson's idea. Living in the big house on the nation's dime. Most married couples I know that live under the same roof with an inlaw face additional, unnecessary strain due to their arrangement.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Maybe he learned a thing or two from Clinton's screw-ups and figured out how not to get caught. :eyebrow:

SamSpade

His mistress is his golf bag.

As much as his obsession with golf has been - annoying (he's gone on golf outings either during or immediately after very pressing events) - he's not the worst.

However I do still wonder how the leader of the free world has so much time to play - so much more than most working Americans do.

This_person

I'm sure this was Ms. Robinson's idea. Living in the big house on the nation's dime. Most married couples I know that live under the same roof with an inlaw face additional, unnecessary strain due to their arrangement.

i just think it was good to have family raise the kids instead of secret service.

PsyOps

Pixelated
As much as his obsession with golf has been - annoying (he's gone on golf outings either during or immediately after very pressing events) - he's not the worst.

However I do still wonder how the leader of the free world has so much time to play - so much more than most working Americans do.

I heard on WMAL the other morning that Obama did a total of 1320 hours (55 days) of golf during his tenure.

SamSpade

I heard on WMAL the other morning that Obama did a total of 1320 hours (55 days) of golf during his tenure.

And Wilson and Eisenhower have him beat by a country mile. Honestly, I had no idea these guys spent so much time on the golf course.
Strongly leads me to believe they really weren't doing their job at all.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Exactly.. Carter was/ is a great guy. Awesome person, great husband and father.. great humanitarian. How many times did we see Carter swinging a hammer for Habitat for Humanity??

Doesn't make him any better a President, but I'd love to have him as a neighbor.