Watch the ‘Sycophantic’ W.H. Press Corps Shower Obama with Adulation in Final Presser

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Watch the ‘Sycophantic’ W.H. Press Corps Shower Obama with Adulation in Final Presser

President Obama began his final press conference on a surprising note. Despite “not liking all of the stories you’ve filed,” he told the gathered White House press corps, it’s you’re duty to ask “tough questions” and not be “sycophants.”

Too bad reporters were apparently not paying attention.

What followed was one softball after another, with rhetorical foot massages sandwiched between.

“Thank you, Mr. President” each reporter began.

“It’s been an honor,” said another, before literally making the "call me" expression while pointing at her cellphone.

tommyjo

President Obama began his final press conference on a surprising note. Despite “not liking all of the stories you’ve filed,” he told the gathered White House press corps, it’s you’re duty to ask “tough questions” and not be “sycophants.”

Too bad reporters were apparently not paying attention.

What followed was one softball after another, with rhetorical foot massages sandwiched between.

“Thank you, Mr. President” each reporter began.

“It’s been an honor,” said another, before literally making the "call me" expression while pointing at her cellphone.

What do you expect? This was the man's last presser? What point would it serve to be an ass (or don't you know any other way for people to be)?

He's served as President for 8 years...he's not resigning or leaving under a cloud. Whether you agree or disagree with his policies, there should be some modicum of respect for the office when the office holder's term comes to an end. I am sure if you go back and look at the final pressers of past president leaving under similar positive circumstances (not resigning), you'll find similar "soft ball" type questions....its just human decency.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Come on... the guy is on his way out. What purpose would it serve to grill him at this point. It wasn't a venue for that. It was for Obama to say goodbye to the people that have been grilling him for 8 years. It was kind of refreshing to see a more cordial presser.

I know a lot of people hate Obama, but the guy served as president for 8 years. For good or bad, he still has reserved his place in the history of this country - our first black president. I disagree with just about everything that came out of that man's mouth, but he has my respect for his achievements.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What do you expect? This was the man's last presser? What point would it serve to be an ass (or don't you know any other way for people to be)?

He's served as President for 8 years...he's not resigning or leaving under a cloud. Whether you agree or disagree with his policies, there should be some modicum of respect for the office when the office holder's term comes to an end. I am sure if you go back and look at the final pressers of past president leaving under similar positive circumstances (not resigning), you'll find similar "soft ball" type questions....its just human decency.

I'm going to reluctantly agree with your post; except for a couple of things:

1. You have no place to call others out for being an ass. You epitomize someone who knows no other way to behave.
2. Obama does leave with more scandals than any president in my life time; or in history perhaps. I'd say there is a cloud hovering over him. But it won't rain on him because the media has decided to protect him.

Last edited:

Hijinx

You big dummy. You want to give respect to the office when the a-hole leaves, but you don't have any idea of giving any respect to the office when the new president arrives. And then you call us morons.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Did it sound to you like he said "SINK o phant"? Maybe it's just my ears.

Yup, that's what he said. Is that code for sink the elephants?

At about 2:00

[video=youtube;1OaWeQ6Sw1Y]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OaWeQ6Sw1Y[/video]

SamSpade

In truth - I'd be just teasing about this. I know many people I greatly respect, from my wife to my father - who routinely mispronounce words.

On the other hand, if any such people should try to demonstrate their superior intellect, I'd be just as quick to point it out.