The leaks coming out of the Trump White House cast the president as a clueless child

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
All White Houses leak. Sometimes the leaks are big, sometimes small. But there are always people willing to talk to reporters about the “real” story or about why the chief executive made a mistake in regards to some decision he made.

That said, I've never seen so much leaking so quickly — and with such disdain for the president — as I have in the first six days of Donald Trump's presidency.

Two recent examples:
1. This from the New York Times today on Trump's impulsiveness:
Mr. Trump’s advisers say that his frenzied if admittedly impulsive approach appeals to voters because it shows that he is a man of action. Those complaining about his fixation with fictional voter fraud or crowd counts at his inauguration, in their view, are simply seeking ways to undercut his legitimacy.

Yet some of his own advisers also privately worry about his penchant for picking unnecessary fights and drifting off message. They talk about taking away his telephone or canceling his Twitter account, only to be dismissed by a president intent on keeping his own outlets to the world.

2. This from WaPo on Trump's inauguration crowd estimates:
Trump’s advisers suggested that he could push back in a simple tweet. Thomas J. Barrack Jr., a Trump confidant and the chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, offered to deliver a statement addressing the crowd size.
But Trump was adamant, aides said. Over the objections of his aides and advisers — who urged him to focus on policy and the broader goals of his presidency — the new president issued a decree: He wanted a fiery public response, and he wanted it to come from his press secretary.

Time and again, the image of Trump pushed by his “aides” is one of a clueless child — someone who acts on impulse, disregarding the better advice of people who know better. We know he needs to be managed or else he will say and do stupid things, the message seems to be. We're working on it. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/26/the-leaks-coming-out-the-trump-white-house-cast-the-boss-as-a-clueless-child/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.89cb0cfbf3fb

SamSpade

I would think the "children" of the last 3 months have been the whining, puling, tantrum throwing folks on the left. The ones with the safe spaces, LITERALLY sobbing, play-doh, therapy dogs, coloring books.
THIS time, you lost. Get your act together and win the next time.

Didn't any of you, when you were little, play games with a kid who could not stand to lose - and *always* had a reason why they lost which was NEVER "I suck at this" but always "you cheated! no fair! I'm telling teacher/mommy/whomever"?
Sure you did.

Guess what? Those tantrums accomplished one thing - no one EVER wanted to play with them again.

Dems - get your #### together. If you lose a race or a game or fail a test, you WIN next time by practice or studying - and not by suing the ref or complaining.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
I would think the "children" of the last 3 months have been the whining, puling, tantrum throwing folks on the left. The ones with the safe spaces, LITERALLY sobbing, play-doh, therapy dogs, coloring books.
THIS time, you lost. .

If everyone you know is crapping their pants and flinging it all over themselves then no one you know is being immature and childish.

SamSpade

If everyone you know is crapping their pants and flinging it all over themselves then no one you know is being immature and childish.

Frankly, Larry - I've never seen anything like this. I've seen several changes of power - in '68, '76, '80, '92, '00, '08 and now '16 (not counting Congress).

I've never seen total freakouts by any side like this. It must certainly be because the left JUST DIDN'T THINK THEY'D LOSE.
The GOP *knew* they'd lose in '76 (after Watergate - although it was close). They thought they MIGHT lose in '92 because of "read my lips".
EVERYONE knew they'd lose in '08 - no one could match the groundswell to vote for the first black President.

But the left this time - they were shocked. They should NOT have been, but they were too busy looking down their collective noses at the groundlings.

So - yes, I know a few people whose outrage, shock and "grief" is genuine and they are beside themselves. One lives in San Fran and her constant barrage of anti-Trump screeds have led me to block her stuff on Facebook, just because - I don't go to Facebook to be lectured, I go there to laugh and read on my friend's lives. She and others like her - they plan to complain and show up for marches - but really, nothing else because despite everything they whine about - their lives are just fine. People get involved when they have a stake in it - but tend to lose their passion if it's strictly a philosophical difference.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Frankly, Larry - I've never seen anything like this. I've seen several changes of power - in '68, '76, '80, '92, '00, '08 and now '16 (not counting Congress).

I've never seen total freakouts by any side like this. It must certainly be because the left JUST DIDN'T THINK THEY'D LOSE.
The GOP *knew* they'd lose in '76 (after Watergate - although it was close). They thought they MIGHT lose in '92 because of "read my lips".
EVERYONE knew they'd lose in '08 - no one could match the groundswell to vote for the first black President.

But the left this time - they were shocked. They should NOT have been, but they were too busy looking down their collective noses at the groundlings.

So - yes, I know a few people whose outrage, shock and "grief" is genuine and they are beside themselves. One lives in San Fran and her constant barrage of anti-Trump screeds have led me to block her stuff on Facebook, just because - I don't go to Facebook to be lectured, I go there to laugh and read on my friend's lives. She and others like her - they plan to complain and show up for marches - but really, nothing else because despite everything they whine about - their lives are just fine. People get involved when they have a stake in it - but tend to lose their passion if it's strictly a philosophical difference.

It's easy to understand IF you accept that they KNOW how much they ####ed up supporting Hillary. "This had BETTER work". It's like being told "don't split 10's and 5's" in blackjack, having Bernie, and you do it anyway. You're pissed at losing AND, to make it worse, you're pissed at yourself because you have NO ONE else to blame.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
All White Houses leak. Sometimes the leaks are big, sometimes small. But there are always people willing to talk to reporters about the “real” story or about why the chief executive made a mistake in regards to some decision he made.

That said, I've never seen so much leaking so quickly — and with such disdain for the president — as I have in the first six days of Donald Trump's presidency.

Two recent examples:
1. This from the New York Times today on Trump's impulsiveness:
Mr. Trump’s advisers say that his frenzied if admittedly impulsive approach appeals to voters because it shows that he is a man of action. Those complaining about his fixation with fictional voter fraud or crowd counts at his inauguration, in their view, are simply seeking ways to undercut his legitimacy.

Yet some of his own advisers also privately worry about his penchant for picking unnecessary fights and drifting off message. They talk about taking away his telephone or canceling his Twitter account, only to be dismissed by a president intent on keeping his own outlets to the world.

2. This from WaPo on Trump's inauguration crowd estimates:
Trump’s advisers suggested that he could push back in a simple tweet. Thomas J. Barrack Jr., a Trump confidant and the chairman of the Presidential Inaugural Committee, offered to deliver a statement addressing the crowd size.
But Trump was adamant, aides said. Over the objections of his aides and advisers — who urged him to focus on policy and the broader goals of his presidency — the new president issued a decree: He wanted a fiery public response, and he wanted it to come from his press secretary.

Time and again, the image of Trump pushed by his “aides” is one of a clueless child — someone who acts on impulse, disregarding the better advice of people who know better. We know he needs to be managed or else he will say and do stupid things, the message seems to be. We're working on it. "

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/the-fix/wp/2017/01/26/the-leaks-coming-out-the-trump-white-house-cast-the-boss-as-a-clueless-child/?tid=sm_tw&utm_term=.89cb0cfbf3fb

So are we talking real leaks here, or the stories we're making up as we go along? I'm thinking probably the latter.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member

They've spent the last 8 years adjusting things so that the person at the top gets just about anything they want with the stroke of a pen with no real understanding that they wouldn't always have the person at the top. Now that that fact has smacked them between the eyes they are coming to the realization of just how much screwed they've screwed themselves. It's like mom told you to cut the cake in half to share with your brother and you split it 90/10, then she tells your brother to pick which slice he wants.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
They've spent the last 8 years adjusting things so that the person at the top gets just about anything they want with the stroke of a pen with no real understanding that they wouldn't always have the person at the top. Now that that fact has smacked them between the eyes they are coming to the realization of just how much screwed they've screwed themselves. It's like mom told you to cut the cake in half to share with your brother and you split it 90/10, then she tells your brother to pick which slice he wants.

They reallllllly just *knew* they had it in the bag. Knew it!!!

...and The Donald is the ONLY ONE who could've pulled this off. I am 100% positive (Well, not only because he won. :lol:) of that and it is just ticking them OFF royally.

Every.damn.day.when.they.think.of.it. :biggrin:

PsyOps

Pixelated
and with such disdain for the president — as I have in the first six days of Donald Trump's presidency.

It just occurred me that this fits in with how we have fought the war on terror. We have failed to understand our enemy; that's why we keep losing.

You - boy and those that have gone flipping insane over Trump - fail to understand your enemy: Trump. That's why you will continue to lose. Keep up the good work.

Hijinx

It just occurred me that this fits in with how we have fought the war on terror. We have failed to understand our enemy; that's why we keep losing.

You - boy and those that have gone flipping insane over Trump - fail to understand your enemy: Trump. That's why you will continue to lose. Keep up the good work.

Find the leaks, close the leaks.

tommyjo

I would think the "children" of the last 3 months have been the whining, puling, tantrum throwing folks on the left. The ones with the safe spaces, LITERALLY sobbing, play-doh, therapy dogs, coloring books. THIS time, you lost. Get your act together and win the next time.

It would seem to be that you aren't paying attention very well. Maybe you should watch something other than Fox and read something other than Breitbart. Sure you can find folks who are still whining...you dumbasses did it for 8 years straight. But if you look at the majority of actual coverage out there that reflects the feelings of the majority of Americans, then you should clearly see the forces mobilizing against Mr. Trump.

Didn't any of you, when you were little, play games with a kid who could not stand to lose - and *always* had a reason why they lost which was NEVER "I suck at this" but always "you cheated! no fair! I'm telling teacher/mommy/whomever"?Sure you did.

Guess what? Those tantrums accomplished one thing - no one EVER wanted to play with them again.

It would seem that you have not paid one ounce of attention to your illustrious choice for President. Why are we still talking about crowd sizes and the popular vote? Because our illustrious egomaniac thinks it isn't fair. It is ONLY fair to Mr. Trump if Mr. Trump wins...take off your blinders.

Dems - get your #### together. If you lose a race or a game or fail a test, you WIN next time by practice or studying - and not by suing the ref or complaining

Wake up and look around...they are.

And the worst outcome of all of this is a swing too far to the left next time. You dumbasses have set us up for this...there were actual credible and qualified candidates in the Republican primary who would have EASILY beat Ms. Clinton. If a buffoon like Trump won...imagine what a REAL candidate could have done. You all choose the most unqualified one.

Hijinx

It would seem to be that you aren't paying attention very well. Maybe you should watch something other than Fox and read something other than Breitbart. Sure you can find folks who are still whining...you dumbasses did it for 8 years straight. But if you look at the majority of actual coverage out there that reflects the feelings of the majority of Americans, then you should clearly see the forces mobilizing against Mr. Trump.

It would seem that you have not paid one ounce of attention to your illustrious choice for President. Why are we still talking about crowd sizes and the popular vote? Because our illustrious egomaniac thinks it isn't fair. It is ONLY fair to Mr. Trump if Mr. Trump wins...take off your blinders.

Wake up and look around...they are.

And the worst outcome of all of this is a swing too far to the left next time. You dumbasses have set us up for this...there were actual credible and qualified candidates in the Republican primary who would have EASILY beat Ms. Clinton. If a buffoon like Trump won...imagine what a REAL candidate could have done. You all choose the most unqualified one.

Incoherent poppycock.

Restitution

You all choose the most unqualified one.

19789999.jpg

Hijinx

Wanna end leaks???? Open up OUR gaht damn gummint so we know what the hell we're consenting to, damn it!!! :buddies:

Well that's not going to end BS links like some Trump hater in the WH calling Trump a clueless child.
What stops that is to find out who is running to the press with this BS and get rid of the disloyal SOB.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Wanna end leaks???? Open up OUR gaht damn gummint so we know what the hell we're consenting to, damn it!!! :buddies:

Let's keep this in context. The information leaked was a private conversation between Trump and someone on his transition team. I do think private conversations should be kept private until a decision is made about the outcome of those conversations.