Trump gives Steve Bannon a seat on the National Security Council

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" In an executive order issued Saturday, President Trump added his chief strategist Steve Bannon to the National Security Council, while limiting the role military and intelligence leaders play on the panel.

The director of national intelligence and the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff will now only attend meetings of the National Security Council’s principals committee — the meetings of the most senior national security officials — when the business at hand directly their “responsibilities and expertise.” According to the Washington Post, both were regular attendees at all meetings of the principals committee under President Obama and President George W. Bush.

Bannon, on the other hand, will be allowed to attend all meetings of the principals committee. That gives Bannon — the former executive chairman of Breitbart, a website that promotes white nationalism — extraordinary influence over U.S. national security policy.

Bannon has a history of anti-Semitic, misogynistic, and bigoted comments, and has openly disparaged Jews and minorities and has called women “dykes.” Both the Klu Klux Klan and the American Nazi Party cheered his appointment to the White House.

Bannon also reportedly had a major role in crafting key parts of Trump’s Muslim ban, including the fact that the ban also applies to people with lawful permanent residence.

The move to add Bannon to the council — and remove high-level national security officials — drew sharp criticism from Susan Rice, former National Security Adviser to President Obama, who called the move “stone cold crazy” on Twitter. "

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-bannon-national-security-council-a25f85f73a1f#.fl4htx8n0

tommyjo

:cds:

Nazis and the KKK

That's an intelligent response...so you have no problem with a political ideologue (Steve Bannon) being present at all NSC meetings while the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs are told to stay away?

You think Steve Bannon is better qualified to give advice in matters of National Security?

somdwatch

That's an intelligent response...so you have no problem with a political ideologue (Steve Bannon) being present at all NSC meetings while the Director of National Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs are told to stay away?

You think Steve Bannon is better qualified to give advice in matters of National Security?

Much more qualified than Susan Rice, I mean a video got 4 Americans killed (lie), I'll be anybody's parrot, just tell me what to say. At least he has his own mind.

Relax TJ, in 8 years you may get your mental health back.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

since you FAIL to make any REAL association between Bannon and some Klukers or Nazis said

I am going to go with YES

Kev_Russell

Much more qualified than Susan Rice, I mean a video got 4 Americans killed (lie), I'll be anybody's parrot, just tell me what to say. At least he has his own mind.

Of course it was a lie. To tell the truth would mean to tell Americans that we are arming people who really aren't our friends. Think it through man! Maybe you'll eventually figure out what these people actually get paid to do.

But the fact that "Benghazi" is still a trigger word for you people provides endless entertainment. Keep up the good work.