HPDE at Dominion Raceway April 1-2

somdcroc

The Porsche Club of America First Settlers Region (PCA FSR) is hosting a High Performance Driver Education (HPDE) event at Dominion Raceway in Thornburg Virginia (I-95 exit 118 just south of Fredericksburg) on April 1-2, 2017. This event is open to drivers over 18 with any car that can pass a pre-event tech inspection as well as a daily tech inspection at the track (and using our specific PCA FSR tech inspection form). This two day event will be on the thrilling Dominion Raceway 2 mile 12+ turn road course. HPDEs are an excellent way to learn to drive your performance or sports car in a manner that will teach you the techniques that not only prepare you if you aspire to be a racer but also develop skills that make you a better driver on the street

We will run five different run groups. Beginner student-Green, advanced student-Blue, Intermediate solo-White, Advanced-Black, and Advanced/Instructor-Red.
Instructors whom have never instructed with us must be experienced PCA instructors or certified to instruct by a national level club (SCCA, NASA, BMW, Corvette, Audi, clubs etc.). An SA 2010 or newer rated helmet is required. No M (motorcycle) rated helmets allowed.

In addition to these run groups we offer an "Intro to HPDE" option. Its a single thirty minute "at speed" session with an instructor providing guidance from your passenger seat after a 45 minute classroom session for only $50. We do offer some loaner helmets to our Intro students.

For those not desiring to drive in the HPDE but are curious about driving on a road course race track--please join us at lunch on both days as we offer "parade laps" to raise money for our charities. Any licensed driver (with any vehicle that isn't dropping parts or fluids!) can join us in a paced session of laps at highway speeds (no helmet required).

Registration is through https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...at-dominion-raceway-pca-first-settlers-240892
If you have questions contact the registrar at de@fsrpca.org

somdcroc

Folks, I know we have some HPDE enthusiasts in SoMD and I have even met some of you that Identified yourself as HPDE instructors with NASA Mid-Atlantic or SCCA DC region. Our April 1-2 event at Dominion Raceway still has openings for some run groups and we still need Instructors. If you are an HPDE instructor that has successfully completed an HPDE instructor course with a nationally known club such as SCCA, NASA, PCA, BMWCCA, CCA, ACNA, MBCA, etc. and/or are in good standing as an experienced HPDE instructor with a regional driving organization please consider registering soon to instruct with us at this nearby thrilling track at an amazing new venue. We have students and drivers with all types of cars so I can likely pair you with a student that has a car type you are most experienced with. Registration is through https://www.motorsportreg.com/event...at-dominion-raceway-pca-first-settlers-240892 Instructors will pay only $75 to take one student and if they take two students they pay nothing. We will provide four track sessions per day.