Fauxahauntas / Liawatha gets a timeout

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Warren barred from speaking on Senate floor for rest of Sessions debate

Warren's reference drew the ire of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who said that Warren had "impugned the motives of our colleague from Alabama."

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. advised Warren that she was out of order under Rule XIX of the Senate, which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

"I'm reading a letter from Coretta Scott King to the Judiciary Committee from 1986 that was admitted into the record," Warren argued. "I'm simply reading what she wrote about what the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be a federal court judge meant and what it would mean in history for her."

After a few parliamentary moves, McConnell called for a vote to affirm Daines' ruling that Warren was out of order. The GOP-controlled Senate backed him up, 49-43, before defeating a Democratic effort to restore Warren's speaking privileges, 50-43.

This_person

Warren's reference drew the ire of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., who said that Warren had "impugned the motives of our colleague from Alabama."

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. advised Warren that she was out of order under Rule XIX of the Senate, which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

"I'm reading a letter from Coretta Scott King to the Judiciary Committee from 1986 that was admitted into the record," Warren argued. "I'm simply reading what she wrote about what the nomination of Jeff Sessions to be a federal court judge meant and what it would mean in history for her."

After a few parliamentary moves, McConnell called for a vote to affirm Daines' ruling that Warren was out of order. The GOP-controlled Senate backed him up, 49-43, before defeating a Democratic effort to restore Warren's speaking privileges, 50-43.

So, Larry is right: There is a Trump era, and it has as one of its attributes a denial of outright lies from one senator regarding another. This is going to hit them all pretty hard. Mrs. King's letter is rife with accusations that have since been objectively refuted. Sounds like a good thing, and the first backbone I've seen in the Senate since Al Franken objected to Joe Lieberman speaking "for just a moment" over 10 minutes (the arbitrary limit). I'm not saying Franken was right, but at least he showed some backbone; he hated Lieberman's position, so he used the rules to shut him up as quickly as he could.

Midnightrider

I don't care for warren at all, but this seems like an abuse of the rules. If she was talking about sessions as a senator that would be one thing, but she was debating his confirmation as AG. It sure seems like Mitch is trying to have it both ways.

This_person

I don't care for warren at all, but this seems like an abuse of the rules. If she was talking about sessions as a senator that would be one thing, but she was debating his confirmation as AG. It sure seems like Mitch is trying to have it both ways.

She was smearing a sitting Senator with accusations levied at him more than 30 years ago as he was sitting for a different job. Those accusations have been proven false, and widely reported as false. Thus, she was slandering a sitting senator, by debating whether or not he was fit 30 years ago for a federal bench position based on the knowledge of 30 years ago.

None of it had a thing to do with him being up for AG. It had everything to do with slandering him.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
I don't care for warren at all, but this seems like an abuse of the rules.

Warren's reference drew the ire of Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who said that Warren had "impugned the motives of our colleague from Alabama."

Sen. Steve Daines, R-Mont. then advised Warren that she was out of order under Rule 19 of the Senate, which states that "no Senator in debate shall, directly or indirectly, by any form of words impute to another Senator or to other Senators any conduct or motive unworthy or unbecoming a Senator."

is Session a Senator or not :shrug:

Grumpy

This will be worn by Warren, during her campaign for the 2020 presidency, as a badge of honor and hailed as one of the many times she stood up to those evil republicans.

Hijinx

This will be worn by Warren, during her campaign for the 2020 presidency, as a badge of honor and hailed as one of the many times she stood up to those evil republicans.

Well of course that is why we keep hearing from this woman who we never heard of a few years ago. She is running for President in 2020.,

Midnightrider

is Session a Senator or not :shrug:

he is a nominee for a cabinet position. You don't get to have it both ways. If they can't openly debate his record then he should be forced to resign his senate seat for the purposes of his confirmation.

This_person

he is a nominee for a cabinet position. You don't get to have it both ways. If they can't openly debate his record then he should be forced to resign his senate seat for the purposes of his confirmation.

Are the accusations in King's letter accurate?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Curt Schilling Slams Liz Warren: Senator ‘Lieawatha’ Represents ‘Everything We Hate About Politics’

Former baseball star Curt Schilling is reportedly planning to run for Senate in Massachusetts against incumbent Elizabeth Warren, and he’s wasting no time attacking his would-be opponent.

Warren, a favorite politician among the liberal activists, represents “everything we hate about politics,” the former Red Sox pitcher said during an radio interview on the Larry O’Connor show. Schilling thinks he could be successful against Warren because of the “disconnect” between the politics of average voters in Massachusetts and the senator’s left-wing beliefs.

Hijinx

Curt Schilling Slams Liz Warren: Senator ‘Lieawatha’ Represents ‘Everything We Hate About Politics’

Former baseball star Curt Schilling is reportedly planning to run for Senate in Massachusetts against incumbent Elizabeth Warren, and he’s wasting no time attacking his would-be opponent.

Warren, a favorite politician among the liberal activists, represents “everything we hate about politics,” the former Red Sox pitcher said during an radio interview on the Larry O’Connor show. Schilling thinks he could be successful against Warren because of the “disconnect” between the politics of average voters in Massachusetts and the senator’s left-wing beliefs.

I'd like to see schilling win, but his saying there is a disconnect between the average Mass. voter and Lieawatha is simply wrong IMO.

has Schilling ever looked at the a-wipes Mass. generally sends to Washington?

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
three donk women.jpg