Gorsuch criticizes Trumps Tweets

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's a free country and Gorsuch is certainly within his rights to disapprove of Trump's tweeting. Doesn't mean the people who voted for Trump disapprove, and it doesn't mean Trump has to stop.

Hijinx

It's a free country and Gorsuch is certainly within his rights to disapprove of Trump's tweeting. Doesn't mean the people who voted for Trump disapprove, and it doesn't mean Trump has to stop.

It would be nice though if he put a little more thought into what he tweets.

tommyjo

In the last thread...the one you started...you advocated for marshal law in order to shut up and shut down anyone who disagrees with our Illustrious Egomaniac...

Now you claim it is a free country???

WTF is wrong with you?

Hijinx

In the last thread...the one you started...you advocated for marshal law in order to shut up and shut down anyone who disagrees with our Illustrious Egomaniac...

WTF is wrong with you?

I think she said martial law. But what do I know I am an idiot.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It would be nice though if he put a little more thought into what he tweets.

Why, so he can be another speech maker and we can always wonder what's going on because every word out of his mouth is scripted and planned?

No thank you. I've had enough of that chit out of our public servants.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

WTF is wrong with you?

strangesmell.jpg

Toxick

Splat
It' Doesn't mean the people who voted for Trump disapprove, and it doesn't mean Trump has to stop.

Of course not. But I, personally, think he should stop. It's exceptionally distracting, and Trump has absolutely no discipline when it comes to shooting off his mouth without regard to what people may think about it.

Here's the thing, on the one hand I think that having a president - or ANY politician for that matter - who is that accessible, and talks directly to the people is awesome. I truly do. It is humanizing, and people can get a sense that this man is one of us.

But Trump isn't talking directly to the people. He's constantly spouting self-indulgent bull#### into the ether. In the abstract, he may be aware that people are reading his blather. In the real life concrete material word, I don't think he realizes that his words carry a very personal impact on actual thinking and feeling human beings. And I honestly don't think that he fully grasps how closely the entire world is watching and scrutinizing, and exactly how much weight his ravings carry, and how much damage he can do with a careless turn of phrase. Up until now the vast majority of people (at least, the people who voted for him) have overlooked a lot of BS from this guy, because they have high-hopes that someone who is adept in skillful manipulation, negotiation and business success can fix some problems that have been festering for far too long.(Whether those hopes have merit or not is yet to be seen). But unless he gets a hold of some sense of diplomacy, Twitter will be his undoing.

I'm amazed that someone he cares about hasn't grabbed his shoulders and started shaking him shouting "STFU Don!"

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
But Trump isn't talking directly to the people. He's constantly spouting self-indulgent bull#### into the ether. In the abstract, he may be aware that people are reading his blather. In the real life concrete material word, I don't think he realizes that his words carry a very personal impact on actual thinking and feeling human beings. And I honestly don't think that he fully grasps how closely the entire world is watching and scrutinizing, and exactly how much weight his ravings carry, and how much damage he can do with a careless turn of phrase. Up until now the vast majority of people (at least, the people who voted for him) have overlooked a lot of BS from this guy, because they have high-hopes that someone who is adept in skillful manipulation, negotiation and business success can fix some problems that have been festering for far too long.(Whether those hopes have merit or not is yet to be seen). But unless he gets a hold of some sense of diplomacy, Twitter will be his undoing.

Do you understand how Twitter works? That's a real question because Trump can clearly see who is following him, who is liking his posts, and who is retweeting them. He is indeed talking directly to the people - like *directly* to them. AND we all have the opportunity to communicate back, and give our thoughts on what Trump says. You say "into the ether", but there are real people on the receiving end of those tweets - I and 24 million others are following him.

I don't want diplomacy. I'm done with that ####. I want an accessible president so I don't have to dig incessantly to find out what that rascal is up to. If communication and reaching out will "undo" him, this country is in worse shape than I thought.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
You know, Tox, I suspect if you got a Twitter account and followed Trump's tweets yourself, you would see them in a totally different light than reading them second hand with the media spin included.

For example:

Within seconds of the meeting, Trump tweeted
Thank you Brian Krzanich, CEO of @Intel. A great investment ($7 BILLION) in American INNOVATION and JOBS! #AmericaFirst

This was yesterday morning, and the media didn't have that story until this morning because they had to put their spin on it. They are saying that despite what Intel says, this is a terrible thing and oh PS Trump didn't have anything to do with it. Clearly they are lying, because we got to see the result of that meeting, courtesy of Trump, right after the deal was made.

Last edited:

Hank

my war
You know, Tox, I suspect if you got a Twitter account and followed Trump's tweets yourself, you would see them in a totally different light than reading them second hand with the media spin included.

You don't think it is a bit overboard when he tweets every time he gets his feeling hurt, such as SNL skits?

This_person

You don't think it is a bit overboard when he tweets every time he gets his feeling hurt, such as SNL skits?

Let's say it is, for the sake of argument.

What is the correct response - ignore it, or have multiple hours of media coverage about it?

Toxick

Splat
Do you understand how Twitter works?

C'mon.

That's a real question because Trump can clearly see who is following him, who is liking his posts, and who is retweeting them.

He's got 25 million followers. He can't clearly see any of that. There's not enough hours in the day to pay attention to that - even for someone who is not busy. And he seems to be up to his ass in busy lately. I can only assume that he grabs his phone in the morning when he wakes up, reads a headline or two and spouts off some bull####, then he's off to make liberals around the globe livid for 12-16 hours. Then after dinner, he knocks a few more tweets out. Then bed.

He is indeed talking directly to the people - like *directly* to them.

My point is not what he IS doing.... but his own perception of what he's doing. He doesn't tweet to engage in discussion. He doesn't tweet to gauge the mood of his constituents. He tweets - as I said - a bunch of self-indulgent bull####. Without a thought on whom that may have an impact.

AND we all have the opportunity to communicate back, and give our thoughts on what Trump says. You say "into the ether", but there are real people on the receiving end of those tweets - I and 24 million others are following him.

I'm aware of that. The part I emphasized is exactly what I said, almost verbatim. I'm talking about Trump's perception. He's spouting off a random thought in his head, his tweet is done. He moves on. Meanwhile, people around the world look at that and take it very very personally. On account'a he's the leader of the Free World, and they should take it very very personally.

I don't want diplomacy. I'm done with that ####. I want an accessible president so I don't have to dig incessantly to find out what that rascal is up to. If communication and reaching out will "undo" him, this country is in worse shape than I thought.

Well the problem with that mindset is that it's like getting your tires stuck in the mud. You're not getting anywhere, regardless of the satisfaction you may feel when you gun that sumbitch sending mud and grassclots all over the ####ing place.