Trump must break judicial power

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
TRUMP MUST BREAK JUDICIAL POWER
Pat Buchanan: 'A clipping of the court's wings is long overdue'

As for Trump’s disparagement of the judges, only someone ignorant of history can view that as frightening.

Thomas Jefferson not only refused to enforce the Alien & Sedition Acts of President John Adams, his party impeached Supreme Court Justice Samuel Chase, who had presided over one of the trials.

Jackson defied Chief Justice John Marshall’s prohibition against moving the Cherokees out of Georgia to west of the Mississippi, where, according to the Harvard resume of Sen. Warren, one of them bundled fruitfully with one of her ancestors, making her part Cherokee.

When Chief Justice Roger Taney declared that President Abraham Lincoln’s suspension of the writ of habeas corpus violated the Constitution, Lincoln considered sending U.S. troops to arrest the chief justice.

FDR proposed adding six justices to emasculate a Supreme Court of the “nine old men” he reviled for having declared some New Deal schemes unconstitutional.

President Eisenhower called his Supreme Court choices Earl Warren and William Brennan two of the “worst mistakes” he made as president. History bears Ike out. And here we come to the heart of the matter.

Whether the roll-out of the president’s temporary travel ban was ill-prepared or not, and whether one agrees or not about which nations or people should be subjected to extreme vetting, the president’s authority in the matter of protecting the borders and keeping out those he sees as potentially dangerous is universally conceded.

littlelady

God bless the USA
When all is said and done, we are in deep doo doo if a circuit/district court can stop a POTUS EO. It is not at all funny that we are seeing this now, as opposed to when Barry was POTUS. There is a pattern, and Americans have awakened from that pattern, and are trying to create a new fashion; so to speak.

Hijinx

When all is said and done, we are in deep doo doo if a circuit/district court can stop a POTUS EO. It is not at all funny that we are seeing this now, as opposed to when Barry was POTUS. There is a pattern, and Americans have awakened from that pattern, and are trying to create a new fashion; so to speak.

IMO the Judges were wrong (probably Hillary supporters)
All Trump has to do is win at the Supreme court.

littlelady

God bless the USA

Also, Trump could execute a new EO with adjustments to the first one regarding immigration. Even though I support Trump, I do think his first EO was hasty without tweaking, editing, or thinking it all the way through. JMO.

Gummie

I always thought there were three branches of the government: executive - legislative - judicial created as a means of checks and balances.

tommyjo

So here is what you, the self proclaimed Great American Patriot, is saying with your amazingly ignorant post...

1. That the President should have completely unchecked and unfettered powers. (so much for all your b!tching about Mr. Obama' Unconstitutional abuse of power, huh?)

2. That the President is above the law. (So much for your and our illustrious egomaniacs proclamations about reinvigorating the "rule of law")

3. You truly have no idea of how our system of government works....none...not a single iota of understanding.

Hijinx

So here is what you, the self proclaimed Great American Patriot, is saying with your amazingly ignorant post...

1. That the President should have completely unchecked and unfettered powers. (so much for all your b!tching about Mr. Obama' Unconstitutional abuse of power, huh?)

2. That the President is above the law. (So much for your and our illustrious egomaniacs proclamations about reinvigorating the "rule of law")

3. You truly have no idea of how our system of government works....none...not a single iota of understanding.

What she actually said was that liberal judges sat back and let Obama put out all of his EO's with no objections, but now that Trump has been elected they all of a sudden appear. Obama and Hillary were above the law. That is why his EO's need to be overturned, and she needs to be indicted.

We will see what happens in the next 4 years. Trump is learning every day.

SamSpade

Absurd. No one believes that. Not even you.

But I have to admit, I did not realize that a single circuit court could gum up the works repeatedly as the Ninth has done.
And I'm surprised that their arguments appear to be so fragile that it will almost certainly fail
- if it goes to the SCOTUS, it would not surprise me if even some of the more progressive members vote against it.

tommyjo

Really? Hillary supporters?? That is the ONLY rationale you can come up with...a conspiracy theory?

Didn't listen to the arguments when they were played on live TV did you? (every channel displayed the pedigree of the judges)

Haven't read the decision have you? (which provides the judges names...which you then can look up)

Didn't notice that this was a unanimous decision did you? (IF you had listened to the arguments and IF you had looked up the info on the judges and IF you had paid attention in school and IF it was a split decision, you might THEN be able to make a case for politics depending on how the votes were split...but since NONE of those things happened, neither you or your moronic comrades who hang out in the twilight zone of ignorance along the political spectrum can claim the decision was political.

Didn't pay attention in elementary or high school is US history or US Government class did you?

Hijinx

Absurd. No one believes that. Not even you.

But I have to admit, I did not realize that a single circuit court could gum up the works repeatedly as the Ninth has done.
And I'm surprised that their arguments appear to be so fragile that it will almost certainly fail
- if it goes to the SCOTUS, it would not surprise me if even some of the more progressive members vote against it.

The President should have the power to shut down our borders if he feels the need. The president has always had this power , and most of them have used it.
If the SCOTUS takes this power from the President it would be highly dangerous.

Kev_Russell

Really? Hillary supporters?? That is the ONLY rationale you can come up with...a conspiracy theory?

Didn't listen to the arguments when they were played on live TV did you? (every channel displayed the pedigree of the judges)

Haven't read the decision have you? (which provides the judges names...which you then can look up)

Didn't notice that this was a unanimous decision did you? (IF you had listened to the arguments and IF you had looked up the info on the judges and IF you had paid attention in school and IF it was a split decision, you might THEN be able to make a case for politics depending on how the votes were split...but since NONE of those things happened, neither you or your moronic comrades who hang out in the twilight zone of ignorance along the political spectrum can claim the decision was political.

Didn't pay attention in elementary or high school is US history or US Government class did you?

If it's not covered in Matlock reruns critters like jinx aren't really exposed to how government works.

Hijinx

If it's not covered in Matlock reruns critters like jinx aren't really exposed to how government works.

I guess we will see who wins in the end. Some little piss-ant judge from bumphuck and the 9th'circuit.
Or the President and the people of the United States.