2nd Potential Army secretary pick drops out of running: report

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" A potential pick to be President Trump's Army secretary has dropped out of consideration for the position, Politico reported Friday.

Van Hipp, a lobbyist and former chair of the South Carolina Republican Party, said “personal and professional commitments” would not allow him to take the job. He did not elaborate on the nature of the those commitments.

“I support President Trump and his leadership 100 percent, but unfortunately the timing would not be right for my family and me due to personal and professional commitments,” Hipp told Politico.

Trump's first nominee for Army secretary, Vincent Viola, withdrew from consideration last week.

Viola, the billionaire owner of the Florida Panthers National Hockey League team, told Trump he was unable to pursue the nomination because of difficulties separating himself from his businesses.

After Viola’s withdrawal, Politico reported Hipp was being considered for the position. "

http://thehill.com/policy/defense/3...rmy-secretary-drops-out-of-the-running-report

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
Mice nuts.....

Attachments

• IMG_0389.JPG
    IMG_0389.JPG
    20.1 KB · Views: 97