section 8 housing expansion law

DannyMotorcycle

So i guess the thieves in Annapolis are working on extortion to force businesses(?) apt complexes i guess(?) to accept section 8 vouchers? i seen some advertising against it.. which i'm confident is funded by the businesses..

Anyone have more details?

littlelady

God bless the USA
So i guess the thieves in Annapolis are working on extortion to force businesses(?) apt complexes i guess(?) to accept section 8 vouchers? i seen some advertising against it.. which i'm confident is funded by the businesses..

Anyone have more details?

There is already a thread on this. It is really stupid, but what else is new, considering what is going on in our country at the moment? What a bunch of crap.

http://forums.somd.com/threads/3163...y-Section-8-Renters?highlight=selling+section

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

This is running along the lines of race. Apparently a number of those on Sec 8 are black, so, therefore, in denying a rental to a sec 8 applicant, solely because you don't want to deal with the section 8 voucher program, it is to be considered racial discrimination. You can't make this stuff up. It will become law, so learn now to deal with it. PG County and Baltimore County and Baltimore City have spoken, well, and maybe Howard County to.

Here's a list, in addition to Federal Fair Housing Law that you can't use in decision making when renting or selling Real Estate in the "Free" State of Maryland ...

Ancestry: Line of decent. (Baltimore City, Montgomery County)
Creed: A person’s beliefs; also, a summary of principals or opinions to which someone professes or adheres. (Allegany, Anne Arundel, Baltimore, Charles, Harford and Howard Counties
Ethnic Origin: Cultural upbringing, including ceremonies and traditions. (Charles County)
Family Responsibility: Refers to decisions based on an assumption of a person’s care giving responsibilities, either childcare or care of another family member. (Montgomery County)
Gender Identity: An individual's having or being perceived as having a gender related self-identity, self-image, appearance, expression, or behavior whether or not those gender-related characteristics differ from those associated with the individual's assigned sex at birth. (Baltimore City and Montgomery County)
Lawful Income: See below, ‘Source of Income’.
Occupation: The principal lawful activity of one's life, generally including students, welfare recipients and retired persons. (Harford, Howard and Prince George’s Counties)
Personal Appearance: The outward appearance of any person, irrespective of sex, with regard to hair style, facial hair, physical characteristics or manner of dress. Such term shall not relate to the requirement of cleanliness, uniforms or prescribed attire when uniformly applied for admittance to a public accommodation or to a class of employees for a customary or reasonable business. (Harford, Howard and Prince George’s Counties)
Political Opinion: The opinion of persons relating to government, the conduct of government, political parties, candidates for election or elected office-holders. (Harford, Howard and Prince George’s Counties)
Presence of Children: Households that include the temporary custody or permanent occupancy of persons under the age of 18 years. (Montgomery Co.)
Source of Income: Any lawful source of money that is paid to or for the benefit of a renter or buyer of housing and includes grants, government assistance, alimony, child support, pensions, annuities, legal gifts, or investment earnings. (City of Frederick; Howard and Montgomery Counties)

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

So i guess the thieves in Annapolis are working on extortion to force businesses(?) apt complexes i guess(?) to accept section 8 vouchers? i seen some advertising against it.. which i'm confident is funded by the businesses.. Anyone have more details?

Did I answer your question satisfactorily?

littlelady

God bless the USA
You are welcome. We were stressing because we moved from Calvert in October. The average amount of houses for sale (in St. Leonard were 50); so we thought we would have to rent if house didn't sell, or pay 2 mortgages. We got lucky, and house sold in 2 months. I can say that we are not bigoted and would have considered everyone, but, you know, the libprogs have to get their dirty noses into all asses. JMO.

Last edited:

BOP

You are welcome. We were stressing because we moved from Calvert in October. The average amount of houses for sale (in St. Leonard were 50); so we thought we would have to rent if house didn't sell, or pay 2 mortgages. We got lucky, and house sold in 2 months. I can say that we are not bigoted and would have considered everyone, but, you know, the libprogs have to get their dirty noses into all asses. JMO.

:lmao: