Electronic Circuit Board repair

SandieGarry

I have a question for everyone. I have a Whirlpool dryer that has a bad control panel circuit board. I have replaced it once and the newer one is now going bad. The company that I purchased it from has suggested that I buy another one and send the recently purchased one for "warranty consideration". If it is determined to be under warranty and a manufacturer defect, I will get a refund. This part starts at $300 and goes up from there depending on where I buy it. My question is this, is there anyone in So Md that does circuit board diagnostics and repair ? Maybe someone that even does it as a hobby. Just a thought.

Thanks

glhs837

Power with Control
Model number? I might have one here from when I tore our old one apart. Might not have it, I did take some stuff away, but let me know and I'll look.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
One of the techs that works for me does board-level troubleshooting and repair on the side. He has his own shop full of diagnostic equipment and even the special equipment required to remove and replace surface-mounted components. Shoot me a PM if you want and I can hook you up.

SandieGarry

One of the techs that works for me does board-level troubleshooting and repair on the side. He has his own shop full of diagnostic equipment and even the special equipment required to remove and replace surface-mounted components. Shoot me a PM if you want and I can hook you up.

hey Gilligan, I sent you a pm, haven't heard from anyone. I'm still interested in finding someone to look at the circuit board if your tech is interested.

thanks

Soldertraining

Electronics Printed Circuit Board repair need highly skilled and experienced technicians to work on them.It mainly needs a highly professional technician for physical repairs such as the replacement of a pad or trace or laminate.

Clem72

Electronics Printed Circuit Board repair need highly skilled and experienced technicians to work on them.It mainly needs a highly professional technician for physical repairs such as the replacement of a pad or trace or laminate.

I don't know about highly skilled. I trained many a Marine to do it for depo level repair of weapons systems. The biggest issue is with specialized IC's that cannot be tested beyond open/short conditions in-circuit or even out of circuit without the appropriate ICD or datasheet. Broken traces? Bad surface mount components? Easy peasy.

black dog

Free America
I don't know about highly skilled. I trained many a Marine to do it for depo level repair of weapons systems. The biggest issue is with specialized IC's that cannot be tested beyond open/short conditions in-circuit or even out of circuit without the appropriate ICD or datasheet. Broken traces? Bad surface mount components? Easy peasy.

All the years I worked for Otis Elevator as a Adjuster I was shocked at how much smoke a IC can hold inside itself, And if your were living right you got to hear the "POP" of the top blowing off the IC and then again when the top hit the Cab floor.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
hey Gilligan, I sent you a pm, haven't heard from anyone. I'm still interested in finding someone to look at the circuit board if your tech is interested.

thanks

Shoot. OK..I did give him your number and I still have the sticky note on my desk. I'll remind him.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Bad surface mount components? Easy peasy.

Sure..with the right equipment. Our guy has well over a grand in the equipment required to work on surface mount stuff. I frankly don't see how he does it..a lot of the work is done under a special microscope and some of the components look like specs of pepper to me.

PeoplesElbow

Bigger the blob, the better the job!