Ozark Trail insulated mug, how good?

glhs837

Power with Control
So, left house by St Marys College about 710AM, coffee measured 150 F by the IR thermometer. 7 miles and 15 minutes later, a good bit of it at or over 60mph on RT 5 in the steel cupholder attached to the handlebars, out in the wind, here at the office that coffee measured 135 F. Not bad performance at all. :coffee:

NextJen

Raisin cane
They are amazing at keeping beverages cold too!

I filled my 32 oz tumbler with ice one morning to take to work and didn't have a chance to fill it with water that day. So I ended up taking it back home and setting it on the counter. I didn't pick it back up until the following afternoon - about 32 hours after initially filling it with ice - and there was still a clump of ice in it along with the residual water from what had melted.

limblips

There are a number of Youtube videos comparing them to R-Tic and Yeti. Dollar for dollar they are the best. They are very close to the competitors in every test and 1/2 the price! Very rugged too. Mine has fallen out of a treestand, been left on the bedrail of my truck as I drove off, and been dropped a thousand times. I just noticed the other day that Wally World also has replacement lids for them.

glhs837

Power with Control
There are a number of Youtube videos comparing them to R-Tic and Yeti. Dollar for dollar they are the best. They are very close to the competitors in every test and 1/2 the price! Very rugged too. Mine has fallen out of a treestand, been left on the bedrail of my truck as I drove off, and been dropped a thousand times. I just noticed the other day that Wally World also has replacement lids for them.

I just wish they actually had a lid that sealed. Even a simple plug woulf do, no fancy slider needed. Bumps on the bike, even with it filled about two inches down from the lid, came results in some splashout.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Compared to the $20 thermos??

Attachments

• Thermos.jpg
    Thermos.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 344

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just wish they actually had a lid that sealed. Even a simple plug woulf do, no fancy slider needed. Bumps on the bike, even with it filled about two inches down from the lid, came results in some splashout.

This is what I use. Air and water tight.

I ride the bike in I throw it into my sidebag and I get to work and no spillage, and still HOT..

I travel with the same mug and fill it in the AM at the hotel, throw it into my backpack and it's hot wherever I end up at for the day.

I now have four (would be five but left one in San Diego), and one specifically for travel.

Attachments

• Thermos.jpg
    Thermos.jpg
    7.3 KB · Views: 326
  • Thermos lid.png
    Thermos lid.png
    61.6 KB · Views: 214

limblips

Available at Wally World and Amazon.

black dog

Free America

View attachment 117498

I've never had that problem before myself, my Pan didn't come with a cupholder.
And if it did, I couldn't shift if my left hand was drinking a coffee.
What you got there is a " real world problem " :lmao:

glhs837

Power with Control
View attachment 117498

I've never had that problem before myself, my Pan didn't come with a cupholder.
And if it did, I couldn't shift if my left hand was drinking a coffee.
What you got there is a " real world problem " :lmao:

So, given that well over 95% of my riding is commuting, and that the regular coffee at the office is pretty bad, so bringing good coffee from home beats the hell out of paying $3.00 every morning at the franchise Starbucks. And no, I dont drink while riding and the Vstrom didnt come with a cupholder, I had to add one from the bike section at Wal Mart :)

Well I have imbibed a beverage a couple of times. When it's +90 f out, and I stopped in to get a frozen drink from Dunkin, I have flipped open the modular helmet and taken a sip or two at a red light. The below is not my motorcycle, although, oddly enough since this is from a Lanesplitter articel written a month or two back, features what was my very first ride back in 83, a 1981 GS450E.

Dunkin on bike.jpg

black dog

Free America
My first new ride was a 1971 Rupp Black Widow, kick starter, dellorto carb, torque converter and a strait pipe. It was the schizzle for a 11 year old.
Thanks Grandpa, I miss you. You were the best.
On to a bunch of Honda Elsinors and a YX 360 a few Limey's and then nothing but American V twins since. It would be hard to drink wearing that old Bell Tourstar anyway.
But I would like to take a cruise on a new BMW and a Moto tourer. It would feel odd to actually see what's going on behind me in the rear view mirror. :killingme

glhs837

Power with Control
Well, my current ride is a V-twin.....but a Suzuki, not a lot of gadgets like modern BMWs, but it does have ABS, which I do like, and fuel injections a nice touch. Vstrom.jpg

Back around 2010, this was about as close to the UJM upright riding position as you could get. I do have to say, the laid back position of cruisers has never appealed to me, the Scout 60 has really caught my eye.

black dog

Free America
American V Twins to me are Shovel and Pan heads.

[video=youtube_share;HMV7xpq13Ec]https://youtu.be/HMV7xpq13Ec[/video]

Last edited:

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
This is what I use. Air and water tight.

I ride the bike in I throw it into my sidebag and I get to work and no spillage, and still HOT..

I travel with the same mug and fill it in the AM at the hotel, throw it into my backpack and it's hot wherever I end up at for the day.

I now have four (would be five but left one in San Diego), and one specifically for travel.

Hubby had the red one. He loved it except about a month in the red paint started to chip off the mug. It doesn't effect the performance but a pain to clean out of the sponge, the dishwasher or off clothing.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Hubby bought the Ozark coffee mug and we each got the coozie. Has anyone tried those?