Harvard Releases Guide to “Fake News” Sites — Includes Essentially Every Major Conservative Site

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Harvard Releases Guide to “Fake News” Sites — List Includes Essentially Every Major Conservative Site

Harvard University Library published a guide to “fake news” sites.

The list includes all of the major right of center news sites.

[clip]

Doug Ross reported:

Your betters at the Harvard University Library have published a guide to “Fake News Sites” that includes a bevy of real news sites that happen to lean right. Among them: the Heritage Foundation, Conservative Review, and Wikileaks, the latter of which has revealed (whether you agree with its approach or not) some very real news indeed.

This, my friends, is a dangerous game. Just as Snopes and Politifact are reliable Democrat public relations outlets (remember when the latter played both sides on ‘If You Like Your Plan, You Can Keep It’?), anyone claiming to be an arbiter of truth is inherently suspect.

Because progressives always get it wrong, I’ll repeat. The market is the only arbiter for media. The marketplace of ideas dictates who wins and loses.

tommyjo

For those who have the ability to think for themselves (which I know leaves out most on here), this is the site GURPS BS source is b!tching about:

https://docs.google.com/document/u/1/d/10eA5-mCZLSS4MQY5QGb5ewC3VAL6pLkT53V_81ZyitM/mobilebasic

There are 916 named sites. 916...

Wikileaks is not listed as "fake" it is listed as "unknown"...heritage.org is listed the same way "unknown"...

Conservative review is not listed as "fake"...it is listed as "political" (duh)..

Want to know a good indicator of a site's credibility...do they link to the article they are b!tching about? Do you think this GURPS cut and paste job did that? Hell no...if it did you would immediately be able to see what a load of bullsh!t it is.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think - once again - they are confusing "fake news" with "biased news". Fake means fake; not real; didn't happen. Bias means they pick and choose what to report and how it's spun to further an agenda.