Anyplace local to get Buff Orpington hen chicks?

mAlice

professional daydreamer
Couple of horror stories out there about TS Chickens..

Buy 6 hens and end up with 6 roosters.. (for example)..

I just read one of those horror stories yesterday. Quite a few dead birds, and the one's that weren't dead will probably never be normal. I freaked out when I didn't get my birds the day after they were mailed. They were only a day late, but it doesn't take much.
If I need to, I'll buy from the same breeder again (he doesn't do buff orps). I ordered 6 straight, got 8, and it looks like one will be a rooster. Perfect. I couldn't be happier.

itsbob

I bowl overhand
I just read one of those horror stories yesterday. Quite a few dead birds, and the one's that weren't dead will probably never be normal. I freaked out when I didn't get my birds the day after they were mailed. They were only a day late, but it doesn't take much.
If I need to, I'll buy from the same breeder again (he doesn't do buff orps). I ordered 6 straight, got 8, and it looks like one will be a rooster. Perfect. I couldn't be happier.

This is who I've always bought from.. Chickens and Ducks.. Ameracuana Chickens and Khaki Campbell and Pekin ducks.

I've bought both fertilized eggs and hatched myself (with a better than 90% hatch rate).. and chicks.

https://www.efowl.com/?product_cat=&s=buff&post_type=product

Last edited: