2nd travel ban blocked - ole Donny can't catch a break

Kev_Russell

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/03/15/us/politics/trump-travel-ban.html

A federal judge in Hawaii issued a nationwide order Wednesday evening blocking President Trump’s ban on travel from parts of the Muslim world, dealing a political blow to the White House and signaling that proponents of the ban face a long and risky legal battle ahead.

The ruling was the second frustrating defeat for Mr. Trump’s travel ban, after a federal court in Seattle halted an earlier version of the executive order last month. Mr. Trump responded to that setback with fury, lashing out at the judiciary before ultimately abandoning the order.

He issued a new and narrower travel ban on March 6, with the aim of pre-empting new lawsuits by abandoning some of the most contentious elements of the first version.

But Mr. Trump evidently failed in that goal: Democratic states and nonprofit groups that work with immigrants and refugees raced into court to attack the updated order, alleging that it was a thinly veiled version of the ban on Muslim migration that he had pledged to enact last year, as a presidential candidate.

Hank

my war
:lmao:

Prepare for diarrhea of the twitter machine!

16806666_1306673056035225_1774225719400898263_n.jpg

Hijinx

Angry little orange man tweets are the best tweets.

He should issue another ban. He can issue them as fast as they can go to court with them. and it doesn't cost him a penny.

Although I don't see how a half assed Judge in Hawaii can issue a nationwide judgement.
Evidently it is legal but it shouldn't be.

littlelady

God bless the USA
He should issue another ban. He can issue them as fast as they can go to court with them. and it doesn't cost him a penny.

Although I don't see how a half assed Judge in Hawaii can issue a nationwide judgement.

Agree. Hub and I wondered the same thing about a lone judge making these decisions. Also, Trump should just change one word in each EO, and throw them back out there. That will keep those liberal judges busy! Meanwhile, more and more refugee/terrorist/questionables come into the USA. Ridiculous.

This EO needs to go to the SC asap. Period.

Here y'all go; just for fun:

http://nypost.com/2017/02/01/imam-man-lied-about-mom-dying-abroad-after-trumps-travel-ban/

Last edited:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I think the next person who dies in a terrorist attack on US soil, their next of kin should sue the #### out of these two judges.

littlelady

God bless the USA
This is interesting:

Six nations listed on Trump’s controversial executive order, which prohibits citizens of seven countries from visiting the US, also impose travel bans of their own. According to information supplied by IATA, the International Air Transport Association, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen and Libya all forbid Israeli passport holders from entering their countries, along with 10 other nations: Algeria, Bangladesh, Brunei, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-list-also-ban-visitors-based-on-nationality/

Last edited:

Kev_Russell

That's the same thing you dummies lamented last time and you still never bothered to brush up on how our country works. Issue a 3rd, 4th, 5th ban and I imagine you intellectual slovens still won't bother -- you'll just piss and moan about poor, poor Donny can't catch a break from the liberal judges. It's rather entertaining though.

littlelady

God bless the USA
When all you have is appeals to emotion, you lose.

Ha, ha. Points-and-laughs.

Well, there you have it. You have no emotion which explains why you are not a patriot. Thanks for the explanation. Maybe, you should move out of the US; or at least out of this forum. Just a suggestion. Do you have fantasies about Rachel Maddow? Just wondering.

littlelady

God bless the USA
That's the same thing you dummies lamented last time and you still never bothered to brush up on how our country works. Issue a 3rd, 4th, 5th ban and I imagine you intellectual slovens still won't bother -- you'll just piss and moan about poor, poor Donny can't catch a break from the liberal judges. It's rather entertaining though.

It is obvious you don't love America, and I conclude you don't get goosebumps when you hear the National Anthem. Please leave. Thanks. :patriot:

Kev_Russell

This is interesting:

Six nations listed on Trump’s controversial executive order, which prohibits citizens of seven countries from visiting the US, also impose travel bans of their own. According to information supplied by IATA, the International Air Transport Association, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, Yemen and Libya all forbid Israeli passport holders from entering their countries, along with 10 other nations: Algeria, Bangladesh, Brunei, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, Oman, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/travel/d...-list-also-ban-visitors-based-on-nationality/

Are you saying that you wish the U.S. were more like Syria, Sudan, Iran, Iran, etc.. ?

Otherwise, a false equivalence.

First off, those countries don't have the U.S. Constitution. Secondly, Neither of Trump's bans are based on nationality, they are based on faith.

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/press-...mp-statement-on-preventing-muslim-immigration

Donald J. Trump is calling for a total and complete shutdown of Muslims entering the United States until our country's representatives can figure out what is going on.

You really are stupid.

PsyOps

Pixelated
First off, those countries don't have the U.S. Constitution. Secondly, Neither of Trump's bans are based on nationality, they are based on faith.

So you're saying these countries have no Christians in them? Or are you saying the only people that would be banned from those countries would be Muslims? If this is what you think in either instance, you have a really poor understanding of the EO; or you're just buying into the leftist tripe they've been fomenting.

Executive Order Protecting The Nation From Foreign Terrorist Entry Into The United States - dated 6 Mar 17

Executive Order 13769 did not provide a basis for discriminating for or against members of any particular religion. While that order allowed for prioritization of refugee claims from members of persecuted religious minority groups, that priority applied to refugees from every nation, including those in which Islam is a minority religion, and it applied to minority sects within a religion. That order was not motivated by animus toward any religion, but was instead intended to protect the ability of religious minorities -- whoever they are and wherever they reside -- to avail themselves of the USRAP in light of their particular challenges and circumstances.

In light of the conditions in these six countries, until the assessment of current screening and vetting procedures required by section 2 of this order is completed, the risk of erroneously permitting entry of a national of one of these countries who intends to commit terrorist acts or otherwise harm the national security of the United States is unacceptably high. Accordingly, while that assessment is ongoing, I am imposing a temporary pause on the entry of nationals from Iran, Libya, Somalia, Sudan, Syria, and Yemen, subject to categorical exceptions and case-by-case waivers, as described in section 3 of this order.

Sec. 3. Scope and Implementation of Suspension.

Read it!

This bull#### narrative that the ban is rooted in the Muslim faith is blatantly false. If a Christian doesn't have the proper papers or waivers, that person doesn't get in. If a Muslim DOES have the proper papers or waivers, they would get in.

Hijinx

It just amazes me how stupid some people are who wish to welcome people into this country who have proven in every country they enter that they are a major problem.

Allowing Muslim into America is like pouring sugar in your cars gas tank.