Ospreys are back

3CATSAILOR

Several Opsreys have been seen today returning to various nests throughout St. Jerome's Creek and other areas. The Purple Martins will not be too far behind.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I love the ospreys, and how they make nests on man made poles, etc. They have adapted. We have a pair of red shouldered hawks that have a nest in a tree in our yard in Olney. I am afraid to put out the bird feeders because that would make the birdies sitting ducks. And, I will miss seeing the ospreys. :frown:

I know y'all are sick of hearing about how much I miss Calvert. The trade off was worth it because now I am with my first grandchild every single day. I wish son in law had picked a different place to buy a house. Oh, well. Such is life, and life is good!

Last edited:

3CATSAILOR

I love the ospreys, and how they make nests on man made poles, etc. They have adapted. We have a pair of red shouldered hawks that have a nest in a tree in our yard in Olney. I am afraid to put out the bird feeders because that would make the birdies sitting ducks. And, I will miss seeing the ospreys. :frown:

I know y'all are sick of hearing about how much I miss Calvert. The trade off was worth it because now I am with my first grandchild every single day. I wish son in law had picked a different place to buy a house. Oh, well. Such is life, and life is good!

It sounds like a wonderful life alright. Enjoy every day. Live life to its fullest. I know that life can be short before you know it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
One thing about ospreys - they never leave here, and there are a lot of them. Tremendous fisherbirds, they are. There is a nest on top of one of the light standards at our local Little League complex (that standard has been disconnected for the birds safety, and night games are limited on that field), and we have had a few fish dropped onto the diamond during games in the past. That always get the kids going.

littlelady

God bless the USA
One thing about ospreys - they never leave here, and there are a lot of them. Tremendous fisherbirds, they are. There is a nest on top of one of the light standards at our local Little League complex (that standard has been disconnected for the birds safety, and night games are limited on that field), and we have had a few fish dropped onto the diamond during games in the past. That always get the kids going.

:lol: Having a hub and son that lived and breathed baseball (from t-ball, travel team, varsity, coaching, and on and on) I love your little snippet of baseball life. That was great! Thanks for sharing! :smile:

Last edited: