Trump's newest enemy, the Freedom Caucus.

Chris0nllyn

The Freedom Caucus will hurt the entire Republican agenda if they don't get on the team, & fast. We must fight them, & Dems, in 2018!
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/847435163143454723

There's 32 members of the House Freedom Caucus. The GOP has a 34-seat majority in the house.

Rep. Ted Poe (Texas) already gave in and resigned from the Caucus. Rep. Brian Babin (Texas) may also. Others such as Rep. Trent Frank said he is concerned that if another healthcare bill fails, it could be at the hands of the Freedom Caucus. It could also be the same if a good bill gets passed.

“Here will be the test: My hope is the president will be inclined to allow the negotiations to go forward and we will be allowed to get a better bill than we did before,” said group member Trent Franks (R-Ariz.) in a brief interview Tuesday. “If we do, the Freedom Caucus will have a great equity in that conclusion. If we don’t, if we see the thing fail completely — nothing but shards around us — then we probably saw the Freedom Caucus overplay their hand… and I say that as a grateful member of the Freedom Caucus.”
http://www.politico.com/story/2017/03/freedom-caucus-obamacare-repeal-236665

Quite the predicament. Trump came into this railing against the establishment. People who sold themselves out to keep their power. Now Trump is asking them to sell out and come to his side, or get fought against.

Thomas Massie and Justin Amash said as much after Trump's tweet.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Now Trump is asking them to sell out and come to his side, or get fought against.

Actually he's asking them to compromise, which I know is a dirty word in certain circles but at some point something has to give and our government people need to cooperate for the greater good. They are behaving like children.

Mom: You two share the cake.
Brother: I want all the cake!
Sister: No, *I* want all the cake!
(Mom comes and throws the cake away)
Mom: Now nobody gets any cake.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm guessing Trump thought our immature fit throwing elected leaders had the capability to behave like adults, give and take, and come to agreements. He knows better now.

Chris0nllyn

Actually he's asking them to compromise, which I know is a dirty word in certain circles but at some point something has to give and our government people need to cooperate for the greater good. They are behaving like children.

Mom: You two share the cake.
Brother: I want all the cake!
Sister: No, *I* want all the cake!
(Mom comes and throws the cake away)
Mom: Now nobody gets any cake.

Being principled and not wanting to vote for a #### bill is not acting like children. It may to someone who has a vested interest in passing it hastily.

He's not asking them to compromise. His tweet literally tells them to get on board and get in line. Then says they, along with the Dems, will be fought next year.

tommyjo

I'm guessing Trump thought our immature fit throwing elected leaders had the capability to behave like adults, give and take, and come to agreements. He knows better now.

Mr. Trump IS THE EPITOME of an immature fit throwing elected leader. Trump has behaved like an adult his entire life. He offered no give and take....it was his way or the highway...when he couldn't get his way his took his marbles and went home....just like the petulant child he is.

(Oh BTW...Chris is completely correct in her assessment. Trump is demanding that the Freedom Caucus renounce their principles and follow him blindly just like you.)

Chris0nllyn

Mr. Trump IS THE EPITOME of an immature fit throwing elected leader. Trump has behaved like an adult his entire life. He offered no give and take....it was his way or the highway...when he couldn't get his way his took his marbles and went home....just like the petulant child he is.

(Oh BTW...Chris is completely correct in her assessment. Trump is demanding that the Freedom Caucus renounce their principles and follow him blindly just like you.)

:blushing:

You'd think a name like Chris would lead people to think I'm a "he".