Trump declares war on conservatives, cements one-term presidency

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member

Make no mistake, the viciousness of Trump's attack on conservative House members is a direct attack on conservatives themselves. He used many of you to get elected and now wants you to shut up and toe the line. Whatever Trump says and does is brilliant, you can be sure. His contempt for the voters who nominated him in the primary is breathtaking.

Had they known that Trump never intended to repeal the worst parts of Obamacare, he never would have been nominated; and had they known that his immigration policy was remarkably similar to Jeb Bush's (certainly when it comes to "Dreamers"), he also never would have secured the nomination. It was only by talking tough and outflanking the other conservatives on the right that Trump won the nomination. Remember when Trump talked about having all illegals go home to reapply for entry, and his repeated promised over and over to investigate Hillary Clinton? All lies.

Trump feels he no longer needs conservatives now, but he is wrong, unless he is committed to being a one-term president. Because the way he is going now, he will get a primary challenge for 2020 from someone who commits to repealing Obamacare and deporting all illegals. Even if he wins the primary challenge, enough conservatives will stay home to give a victory to whatever creature the Democrats put up.

Trump's tactics are not very smart, not the mark of a man who transferred to Wharton after spending two years at Fordham. He attacks the Freedom Caucus because in fact they do stand for freedom--freedom, among other things, to choose you own health insurance policy without costly government regulations requiring you to buy twenty additional add-ons which make premiums unaffordable. Don't blame this all on Paul Ryan; Trump never once tried to push for a clean repeal bill; as a proponent of big government, he never had an interest in total repeal.

SamSpade

Since I have maintained - you're always being manipulated (regarding the news, but it's a general life axiom) - I never think we're getting the story.

I do find it hard to believe what we hear in the press regarding the failed health care bill - especially from the left who both reviled its contents and sneered at the right for failing to pass it.
And I am not altogether sure its failure wasn't intentional, just as I DO think the ACA was written *flawed* so as to encourage single payer.

I think Trump felt the need to push this through as fast as possible.
I think he got considerable resistance from GOP status quo that didn't want to upset things much - so they came up with a plan to change Obamacare in stages, but the first stage was something they thought would pass easily - so it could be amended later.
I think the Freedom Caucus saw it as an empty promise since the rest of the GOP isn't widely known for sticking to their guns - and so voted against it.
I don't know WHY Paul Ryan somehow thought it would pass anyway.

But I am not sure it wasn't intended to fail so they could claim they took a shot at it in the first 100 days and will come back later.
If that's true, I can see why Ryan is still there.

Hijinx

Pretty sure Trump never planned on two terms to begin with.
Looks like the Progressives aren't doing so well in their attack on Trump
so they are trying to get his voters to go against him.
Either way he is President for four years.

It's funny, I knew when I voted that Obamacare and Immigration had to be fixed by the Congress.
Evidently the person who wrote this thought Trump could wave a magic wand and it would go away.

Of course Trump will have a Primary challenge in 2020, hell, he had about 14 of them when he won.
The question is who will the Democrat challenger be?
I don't see anyone exceptional showing up.
Mostly I see the Schmuck mouthing off and Hillary wanting another shot at it.

Trump still has a long way to go and a lot of things can happen in 3 1/2 years.
Obamacare will probably die on the vine, and we can live with the immigrants we have here as long as we slow the tide of new ones.
Get rid of the criminal aliens, and slow Muslim immigration.
We sure don''t need people coming her who tell us flat out they are coming to change our government.
Islam is no ,more a religion that Nazism was.

tommyjo

Make no mistake, the viciousness of Trump's attack on conservative House members is a direct attack on conservatives themselves. He used many of you to get elected and now wants you to shut up and toe the line. Whatever Trump says and does is brilliant, you can be sure. His contempt for the voters who nominated him in the primary is breathtaking.

Baaa....baaa....

Trump has been doing this all his life. He did this during the entire campaign. You and your source are still to blind to understand?

This was another attempt at misdirection. Every time bad news is coming out, Trump throws out some idiotic comment meant for his idiotic audience.

Why did he send that Tweet yesterday? The Senate hearing on Russia was going on. What are you posting about? Trump's asinine tweet. What should you be cut and pasting? The info from the hearing yesterday....or maybe Mike Flynn's offer to testify for immunity...or the unfolding saga of surrounding the pawn that is Congressman Nunes...

This administration is a complete CF....the only thing they do well is slight of hand...goes back to pulling that silver dollar from behind your ear. You screech and clap every time the clown does it.