A rant about recent media bias ....

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
A rant about recent media bias, including a flattering article about Maxine Waters

Recently, we have also been treated to flattering stories in the New Republic, Washington Post and elsewhere on the comedian turned politician Al Franken for his purportedly brilliant opposition to Gorsuch. He is not opposing Gorsuch for any good reason, but that is OK. They are recommending that he run for President for his brilliant questioning. I thought his most intelligent comment was when he said he wasn’t a lawyer but he has been on that committee a long time and he pays attention. I bet he watched Perry Mason, too. Franken wasn’t a very good comedian, either.

Adam Schiff goes on CNN and elsewhere and says there is absolute proof that Trump or his staff colluded with Russia on the election. Of course, he shows no evidence at all because there isn’t any. Instead of the media calling for him to resign from the Intelligence Committee for being the partisan hack he is, they act like he is objective while they call for Nunes to resign for looking at actual evidence. The media and Schiff certainly don’t want the public to see that the Obama Administration was obviously surveilling and leaking on Trump for quite a while.

I am sure we all recall all the flattering articles on people that opposed Obama’s policies, don’t we? For example, Ted Cruz had a lot more fans than Maxine, but I am having trouble locating the AP article complimenting him on his fan base. Instead, I believe he was called an obstructionist and a far-right wing extremist who wanted to shut down the government. I do not believe I have seen the editorials in NYT, WP, AP or on the networks where they call Democrats obstructionists and where they say that Democrats threaten to shut all of government, and not pay seniors and the poor if they don’t get their way on their special interest group Planned Parenthood.

Yesterday morning USA Today had a headline that Trump’s travel ban would cost the US. $18.5 Billion (around 1/10th of 1% of the US economy) It is obviously a made-up number. How about an analysis of how much Syrian refuges will spend vs how much they will cost?

SamSpade

Franken wasn’t a very good comedian, either.

Like Burns and Schreiber - one of MY favorite comedy teams - some people just aren't as funny on their own.
I thought Franken was funny as part of Franken and Davis - but not otherwise.

tommyjo

Funny how bias ONLY exists from those media outlets and those individuals or groups who don't possess a rabid right wing viewpoint.

Anything posted anywhere at anytime that extolls an extreme right wing viewpoint is automatically proclaimed as Gospel by the majority of folks on here regardless of the truthfulness of the article and regardless of how easily an article's points may be shot down.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Funny how bias ONLY exists from those media outlets and those individuals or groups who don't possess a rabid right wing viewpoint.

You find that funny? I don't find that funny. Such an odd little person you are.

:coffee:

SamSpade

funny how bias only exists from those media outlets and those individuals or groups who don't possess a rabid right wing viewpoint.

*SAD* when there's an obvious left-wing bias in an article and you can't see it at all.

Wishbone

don'tcha love how anything NOT left wing / progressive group think is EXTREME Right Wing

Amusing thing is some of their favorite heroes, Roosevelt, Truman, Kennedy... Couldn't even get a following or foothold in the current DNC structure.