Michael Flynn’s Immunity Request Rejected By Senate Intelligence Committee

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" The Senate Intelligence Committee turned down the request by former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's lawyer for a grant of immunity in exchange for his testimony, two congressional sources told NBC News.

A senior congressional official with direct knowledge said Flynn's lawyer was told it was "wildly preliminary" and that immunity was "not on the table" at the moment. A second source said the committee communicated that it is "not receptive" to Flynn's request "at this time.

The senior congressional official also said that Flynn's lawyer had conveyed the offer of testimony in exchange for immunity from prosecution to the Justice Department.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D.-Calif., the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, acknowledged in a statement that the Justice Department's interest in Flynn's testimony could take precedence over Congress' wish to hear from him.

He also said there are "many more witnesses and documents to obtain" before the House Intelligence Committee can consider any immunity request — specifically citing a background check document that would show whether Flynn reported work he did for any foreign entities.

And, Schiff noted, "we should first acknowledge what a grave and momentous step it is for a former National Security Adviser to the President of the United States to ask for immunity from prosecution." "

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-intelligence-committee-rejects-immunity-michael-flynn-n741061

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I'm trying to remember to follow this story because it's becoming a Ludlum novel. Suspense! Intrigue! Corruption!

I do find it amusing that they're calling Flynn "a former National Security Adviser to the President of the United States". He held that position for like two seconds.

Merlin99

Visualize whirled peas
PREMO Member
" The Senate Intelligence Committee turned down the request by former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn's lawyer for a grant of immunity in exchange for his testimony, two congressional sources told NBC News.

A senior congressional official with direct knowledge said Flynn's lawyer was told it was "wildly preliminary" and that immunity was "not on the table" at the moment. A second source said the committee communicated that it is "not receptive" to Flynn's request "at this time.

The senior congressional official also said that Flynn's lawyer had conveyed the offer of testimony in exchange for immunity from prosecution to the Justice Department.

Rep. Adam Schiff, D.-Calif., the ranking member of the House Intelligence Committee, acknowledged in a statement that the Justice Department's interest in Flynn's testimony could take precedence over Congress' wish to hear from him.

He also said there are "many more witnesses and documents to obtain" before the House Intelligence Committee can consider any immunity request — specifically citing a background check document that would show whether Flynn reported work he did for any foreign entities.

And, Schiff noted, "we should first acknowledge what a grave and momentous step it is for a former National Security Adviser to the President of the United States to ask for immunity from prosecution." "

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/senate-intelligence-committee-rejects-immunity-michael-flynn-n741061

I hope they like hearing "On counsel's advice, I invoke my right under the Fifth Amendment not to answer, on the grounds I may incriminate myself."

tommyjo

I'm trying to remember to follow this story because it's becoming a Ludlum novel. Suspense! Intrigue! Corruption!

I do find it amusing that they're calling Flynn "a former National Security Adviser to the President of the United States". He held that position for like two seconds.

Ok...so what you find "amusing" is the only point relevant to the entire sad escapade.

If Mr. Flynn hadn't been the National Security Advisor to the President for 24 days, his contact with Russians would have no importance.

Additionally, if Mr. Flynn hadn't been asked to resign from his 24 day post as National Security Advisor to the President as a result of lying about his contact with Russians, then this would be a non-story as well.

How many Presidential Daily Briefs did Mr. Flynn participate in? How high was his clearance level? What information did he have access to? All while he was in contact with foreign officials and lying about that contact?

You find this amusing?????

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Ok...so what you find "amusing" is the only point relevant to the entire sad escapade.

If Mr. Flynn hadn't been the National Security Advisor to the President for 24 days, his contact with Russians would have no importance.

Additionally, if Mr. Flynn hadn't been asked to resign from his 24 day post as National Security Advisor to the President as a result of lying about his contact with Russians, then this would be a non-story as well.

How many Presidential Daily Briefs did Mr. Flynn participate in? How high was his clearance level? What information did he have access to? All while he was in contact with foreign officials and lying about that contact?

are we at war with Russia? Is Russia killing Americans? I don't understand why any of this is important enough to even talk about

Chris0nllyn

And, Schiff noted, "we should first acknowledge what a grave and momentous step it is for a former National Security Adviser to the President of the United States to ask for immunity from prosecution."

Did I miss where Schiff said the same about, oh, I don't know, Secretary of State?

PsyOps

Pixelated
are we at war with Russia? Is Russia killing Americans? I don't understand why any of this is important enough to even talk about

Because Trump won and he was caught talking to the Russians - even though Obama, Clinton, Biden, and Rice all met with Putin and other Russian high-level people - and we know the Russians are NOW our enemy, and Trump colluded with the enemy. And when this stupidity exposes NOTHING, it will be China, then N. Korea, then Iran, then.......................................

It will never end. The goal is to get Trump out of that White House.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

Exactly.

Not only was Flynn the NSA he got fired from that position. Kind of automatically makes him trumps former advisor

Larry Gude

Strung Out

That's because you weren't part of losing an un-losable election. That there is no story IS the story. It can NOT be that Hillary and her server and her health and her foundation and her hubby meeting Loretta and the DNC actually hacking their primary and her...Clinton- ess....lost.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

You are so naive it's almost adorable.

Hijinx

Not near as amusing as Huma Abedin and her security clearance with her Mother, Father, and brother all belonging to the Muslim Brotherhood and her sending all of her emails to her husband who liked to show his dick on the internet, but I guess you forgot that.