Live PD on A and E

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I've been watching this the last few weeks. They have a film crew in Calvert. The County is pretty boring compared to the other places they've embedded crews.

I wonder if they'll hit the Tiki Bar next week.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I've been watching this the last few weeks. They have a film crew in Calvert. The County is pretty boring compared to the other places they've embedded crews.

We're wondering the same thing! Last week was the first week I've seen it actually live -we caught the re-runs a couple of times before that.

Pretty sure Tiki opening would be funny to watch.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
:yeahthat: And wondering how the new $10 cover charge is going to affect the number of people going. :lol:

Likely not much, and the charge will help recoup the law enforcement cost. The Beaches have been paying it for years for events in addition to the almost $2 million a year for the detachment based there.

mdff21

They extended their stay in Calvert to cover the Tiki Bar opening. They were supposed to be finished in Calvert a few weeks ago. It looks like the Calvert crew are ready for an all out war compared to the other jurisdictions by the looks of the uniforms.

Chris0nllyn

I'm a bit surprised (well, not really) about some of the seemingly fishing expeditions Calvert officers take part in.

I've been pulled over by one of the officers on the show and it's not anything new.

NorthBeachPerso

Honorary SMIB
I'm sure they will cover it. They will need some wacky light TV moments to balance out the real crime in some of the other jurisdictions.

Yeah, they do look overdressed, especially compared to a couple of the other locations with arguably more serious #### going on.

It's your tax money for Homeland Security at work.

If they stop showing Calvert I'll likely stop watching. Although Prince George's or Prince George's South (Charles) would be interesting.

Last edited:

BernieP

Resident PIA

Yep, been watching for a few weeks. Mostly drunk driving.
The "drug bust" in "Southern Calvert' was actually funny.
They were staking out a "known' location for drug sales - some gas station / mini-mart.
They watched a car pull in, then a pickup. Woman in the car gives the guy in the pickup a package
The move in to arrest her.
She says it was an alarm clock from Walmart she was told a friend she would pick up for him.

Within minutes the truck comes back and the guy shows the deputies the bag with the clock.
Good laugh by all

black dog

Free America
I'm a bit surprised (well, not really) about some of the seemingly fishing expeditions Calvert officers take part in.

I've been pulled over by one of the officers on the show and it's not anything new.

It seems to come with the Tactical Timmy Uniforms.

Restitution

:yeahthat: And wondering how the new $10 cover charge is going to affect the number of people going. :lol:

Nothing like being charged a cover to bake in the sun all day, use nasty porta-potties, and drink acid-infused alcoholic drinks while waiting for a drunken redneck to bump into you and/or start a fight about nothing at all.

Good Times! I can see why it draws such a crowd :sarcasm:

black dog

Free America
Nothing like being charged a cover to bake in the sun all day, use nasty porta-potties, and drink acid-infused alcoholic drinks while waiting for a drunken redneck to bump into you and/or start a fight about nothing at all.

Good Times! I can see why it draws such a crowd :sarcasm:

It was much more enjoyable when Birdie owned it.

Restitution

It was much more enjoyable when Birdie owned it.

The best part is laughing in the face of the people who actually take the day off of work...... actually expend their vacation time.... in order to go to the opening of..... A BAR!

Nope... no problems there.. :killingme

BernieP

Resident PIA
The best part is laughing in the face of the people who actually take the day off of work...... actually expend their vacation time.... in order to go to the opening of..... A BAR!

you assume they sign off for the leave.

littlelady

God bless the USA
Yeah, they do look overdressed, especially compared to a couple of the other locations with arguably more serious #### going on.

It's your tax money for Homeland Security at work.

If they stop showing Calvert I'll likely stop watching. Although Prince George's or Prince George's South (Charles) would be interesting.

They will never go to PG (Charles). Calvert is a kindergarten in comparison. Safe places, and all.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

I had never been to the Tiki opening, never had a desire to, really.

Last year, Foxhound and I went on Saturday night to check it out and it was just sooooo crowded. Much. I didn't think the drinks I had were all that tasty. We walked around a bit and I did see a few peeps I knew, but it was a total sea of people, most of whom were way past intoxicated. Not our scene.

We did enjoy the hike/walk to and from the car, though. :lol: