‘Toxic Masculinity’

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Gettysburg College Program Links ‘Toxic Masculinity’ to Sandy Hook Shooting

First, Duke University created a safe space for male students to ponder how poisonous they are. Now, continuing on the theme of “toxic masculinity,” as it’s being called at multiple schools, male students at Gettysburg College are being required to watch the film “The Mask You Live In,”whose entire purpose is to explain that “be a man” is the single most destructive thing a growing boy can hear.

The film appears to link masculinity to several high-profile killings, most notably the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 20 children and six staff members dead in 2012. The movie also mentions the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., as well as some notable murder-suicides. Their hypothesis, unsupported by anything remotely scientific, is that these men committed such atrocities because for men, “respect is linked to violence.”

James Goodman, a freshman at Gettysburg College, spoke to The College Fix about the film after he watched it. He said students discussed what they saw in groups. The moderators of these discussions, Goodman says, also attempted to link mass shootings to “toxic masculinity.” He also said they discussed how “video games and movies make us violent” and that “kids are becoming violent because they can’t talk about their feelings.”

:eyebrow:

Hijinx

Gettysburg College Program Links ‘Toxic Masculinity’ to Sandy Hook Shooting

First, Duke University created a safe space for male students to ponder how poisonous they are. Now, continuing on the theme of “toxic masculinity,” as it’s being called at multiple schools, male students at Gettysburg College are being required to watch the film “The Mask You Live In,”whose entire purpose is to explain that “be a man” is the single most destructive thing a growing boy can hear.

The film appears to link masculinity to several high-profile killings, most notably the mass shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School that left 20 children and six staff members dead in 2012. The movie also mentions the theater shooting in Aurora, Colo., as well as some notable murder-suicides. Their hypothesis, unsupported by anything remotely scientific, is that these men committed such atrocities because for men, “respect is linked to violence.”

James Goodman, a freshman at Gettysburg College, spoke to The College Fix about the film after he watched it. He said students discussed what they saw in groups. The moderators of these discussions, Goodman says, also attempted to link mass shootings to “toxic masculinity.” He also said they discussed how “video games and movies make us violent” and that “kids are becoming violent because they can’t talk about their feelings.”

:eyebrow:

Some of the most respected men I know are the most generous kind and thoughtful human beings on the planet.
Where do these morons come up with this toxic masculinity BS.
Like I say I am speaking of men I respect, men in my community who give and donate their time and property to the benefit of the community.

Why is it that these college meathead professors are against men.
Many of them have given up their masculinity , and seem to try to take it from others.
Being a man was never about violence in my family, it was about community spirit and what you could do for others.