Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Lawyer says O'Reilly target of 'character assassination' by far-left groups

Bill O’Reilly’s lawyer said the embattled Fox News anchor is the target of “far-left organizations” seeking his destruction.

“Bill O’Reilly has been subjected to a brutal campaign of character assassination that is unprecedented in post-McCarthyist America,” Marc E. Kasowitz said in a statement Tuesday, according to CNN.

“This law firm has uncovered evidence that the smear campaign is being orchestrated by far-left organizations bent on destroying O’Reilly for political and financial reasons. The evidence will be put forth shortly and is irrefutable.”

O'Reilly has been in the spotlight after numerous reports of sexual harassment allegations and lawsuits.

CNN reported Tuesday that a well-placed source claims representatives for O’Reilly and Fox have begun discussing the host's exit from the network. O'Reilly is currently on vacation and was set to come back April 24.

I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all

Restitution

No dog in this fight but I do have to ask....

Why isn't the supposed "evidence" ever given when the protest of innocence is made? Why will the evidence be "put forth shortly?"

Why not provide the evidence NOW and be done with it? Still looking for it??

Hijinx

IMO if O'Reilly and Fox are speaking about his. It's about money, not because the left wing is out to get O'Reilly. Which they probably are.

tommyjo

I would not be surprised if this were true .... Politics of Personal Destruction and all

Of course you wouldn't be surprised...you view everything that happens...ever...anywhere...as a politically motivated occurrence...everything YOU deem wrong is the fault of "liberals" and everything YOU deem right is only because a freak from the far right was somehow involved.

Now...as for the idiotic statement you posted...did the "vast left wing conspiracy" force Mr. O'Reilly and Fox News to pay $13 million in hush money to those women no one knew about until a few weeks ago??? Did George Soros or Hillary Clinton force the settlements?

This_person

Of course you wouldn't be surprised...you view everything that happens...ever...anywhere...as a politically motivated occurrence...everything YOU deem wrong is the fault of "liberals" and everything YOU deem right is only because a freak from the far right was somehow involved.

Now...as for the idiotic statement you posted...did the "vast left wing conspiracy" force Mr. O'Reilly and Fox News to pay $13 million in hush money to those women no one knew about until a few weeks ago??? Did George Soros or Hillary Clinton force the settlements?

No, absolutely not. Hillary, who you believe was a credible presidential candidate, forced the settlements and personal attacks on the multitudes of her husband's rape and sexual assault victims, paying millions out of pocket herself to shut them up, and reportedly aborting poor ol' Willie's illegitimate kids. She didn't have anything to do with Bill O, though, I imagine.

Clem72

No dog in this fight but I do have to ask....

Why isn't the supposed "evidence" ever given when the protest of innocence is made? Why will the evidence be "put forth shortly?"

Why not provide the evidence NOW and be done with it? Still looking for it??

Because their evidence of a "smear campaign" is that the left continues to put a spotlight on his antics. Like it's a smear campaign from the right when they remind people that about Hillary's e-mails.

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!

It's VERY hard to run a successful network when you represent the party that's in power. Regardless of the O'Reilly deal, there's a reason Rachel Maddow is pretty solidly #1 right now.

Keith Olbermann put MSNBC on the map in 2004 by being anti-Bush. O'Reilly, Hannity and Kelly thrived when Obama was president, and Carlson has thrived on Trump's momentum. Now, Rachel Maddow is #1 in the 25-54 most nights, Chris Hayes' star is rising, Brian Williams is doing very well and even crazy Larry is doing well.

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated
It's VERY hard to run a successful network when you represent the party that's in power. Regardless of the O'Reilly deal, there's a reason Rachel Maddow is pretty solidly #1 right now.

Keith Olbermann put MSNBC on the map in 2004 by being anti-Bush. O'Reilly, Hannity and Kelly thrived when Obama was president, and Carlson has thrived on Trump's momentum. Now, Rachel Maddow is #1 in the 25-54 most nights, Chris Hayes' star is rising, Brian Williams is doing very well and even crazy Larry is doing well.

I'm not sure I understand the thrust behind your post. O'Reilly was tossed because of harassment allegations against him, not because of ratings.

officeguy

IMO if O'Reilly and Fox are speaking about his. It's about money, not because the left wing is out to get O'Reilly. Which they probably are.

O'Reilly and his lawyer think that he is 'a really big deal' that is worthy of a conspiracy involving multiple women he has worked with over the years. He is not. He is just a little man with a short weewee who is used to bullying people to get what he wants.

No loss that he's gone. I hope they can find someone less grating to fill his slot.

PsyOps

Pixelated
O'Reilly and his lawyer think that he is 'a really big deal' that is worthy of a conspiracy involving multiple women he has worked with over the years. He is not. He is just a little man with a short weewee who is used to bullying people to get what he wants.

No loss that he's gone. I hope they can find someone less grating to fill his slot.

O'Reilly does have a huge ego, but I don't have the first the size of his weewee. :eyebrow:

philibusters

I'm not sure I understand the thrust behind your post. O'Reilly was tossed because of harassment allegations against him, not because of ratings.

I think the thrust behind the post was addressing your comment that FoxNews is a mess, not your comments on O'Reilly.

black dog

Free America
Starting Monday, Fox will air Tucker Carlson’s show an hour earlier, in O’Reilly’s 8 p.m. ET slot, and move the popular ensemble show “The Five” from 5 to 9 p.m. On May 1, “Five” member Eric Bolling will debut a one-hour program at 5 p.m., and Martha MacCallum will make her “First 100 Days” show permanent at 7 p.m.