Guess where I went? Picture clue

glhs837

Power with Control
Corner window.jpg

Man, been looking at pictures of this place for 30 years, and sooo glad my wife got me the in-depth tour. Got to go in every room, including the basement.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
No idea. Looks like a place I visited in Costa Rica a few years back. Any caimans in that water?

glhs837

Power with Control
Yep, Fallingwater....... I took this shot this morning.

Classic shot.jpg

One cool thing was the callbox in the servants quarters. Each room had a call button, I assume the numbers were per room so the servants knew which room was calling.

Callbox.jpg

Tour took two hours, only ten people in the group, anywhere from 10-15 minutes in each space.

Last edited:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Yup, falling waters. The most humid house in the history of the planet. Going to Ohiopyle and hit the rapids???

glhs837

Power with Control
I did stop by the Ohiopyle, but did NOT hit the rapids..... We did talk about the humidity issues the house faces. All the woodwork looks amazing, even so. They did have to install a dehumidifier in the guest house, since the back wall of that is halfway buried into the slope.

glhs837

Power with Control
So, to be correct, it's Fallingwater..... and Wright named it himself, so it's not a thing where there's debate back and forth.

fallingwatersign.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I watched the live in struggle to keep her twin peaks in that wife beater during breakfast this morning..

TMI

...unless pics.

Mine was taken in Mt. Rainier National Forest..at about 5000' elevation. We could only go as far as Paradise lodge...nothing above that was opened up yet. It was snowing its ass off while we were there....and nice and sunny and almost warm back down at Longmire, which is only 3000 ft.

SamSpade

TMI

...unless pics.

Mine was taken in Mt. Rainier National Forest..at about 5000' elevation. We could only go as far as Paradise lodge...nothing above that was opened up yet. It was snowing its ass off while we were there....and nice and sunny and almost warm back down at Longmire, which is only 3000 ft.

Well, I was going to try and guess any of those mountains there but your pic didn't seem to fit any mental image I had of Hood, Baker, Rainier, Olympia and so on.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Well, I was going to try and guess any of those mountains there but your pic didn't seem to fit any mental image I had of Hood, Baker, Rainier, Olympia and so on.

Rainier proper's peak was in the clouds. I had to settle for one of the lower adjacent ones. ;-)