Trump: I've Considered Breaking Up 9th Circuit

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Trump: I've Considered Breaking Up 9th Circuit

Asked by The Washington Examiner if he has considered breaking up the 9th Circuit, where two judges have blocked two of his executive actions, Trump answered bluntly, "Absolutely, I have. There are many people that want to break up the 9th Circuit. It's outrageous. Everybody immediately runs to the 9th Circuit. And we have a big country. We have lots of other locations. But they immediately run to the 9th Circuit. Because they know that's like, semi-automatic. You see judge shopping, or what's gone on with these people, they immediately run to the 9th Circuit. It's got close to an 80 percent reversal period, and what's going on in the 9th Circuit is a shame."

On Tuesday, U.S. District Judge William Orrick temporarily blocked Trump’s order to the Justice Department in January to put immigration-related conditions on grants for "sanctuary cities" that may not be directly related to law enforcement.

In February, a 9th Circuit panel ruled that Trump’s immigration executive order was likely unconstitutional. That prompted Trump to substitute another order, which was challenged; but the panel decision remained on the books as binding law within the 9th Circuit.

liberal heads explode everywhere

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Can he even do that?

If so - YAY!!! Roll them heads! Send them back to their pot dens! :yahoo:

I'm fed up with activist judges and their bull####.

SamSpade

If the approach of the Ninth Circuit is to :

1. Block an executive order or what have you based on a somewhat tenuous argument and
2. Plan on an long delay to accomplish its task even though it will be overturned

then I think some kind of change is needed.

I've seen this kind of thing happen on a much smaller scale where - if money and time is in your side, you keep throwing up roadblocks to delay things until the other side either gives up in frustration or runs out of money to do anything about it.

If the Ninth Circuit has a horrendous history of being overturned, I'd be in favor of raising the bar a bit, if possible.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Can he even do that?

Op-Ed The Republican case for breaking up the notoriously liberal 9th Circuit makes no sense

The arguments for splitting the U.S. Courts for the 9th Circuit are perennial: It’s too big, too slow and, most of all, too liberal. But none of these complaints is sound. Moreover, breaking up the court would add considerable costs while potentially lowering the quality of judging.

Most of the justifications offered for splitting the 9th Circuit have to do with its size, and it does indeed hear a lot of cases — more than 55,000 civil and criminal cases in its district courts in 2015 alone, along with 12,000 appeals in its appellate court.

Big doesn’t always mean bad, however. The 9th Circuit may do a lot, but it’s pretty efficient. The circuit has pioneered mediation units and screening panels to help solve cases early, and it disposes of nearly half its appeals that way. It methodically allocates resources, assigning extra judges to areas faced with a shortage. The appellate court broadcasts arguments on the Web, allowing citizens to watch proceedings without traveling to a courthouse. The 9th Circuit doesn’t handle cases any more slowly than other circuits if you account for the number of cases assigned to each judge.

SPLIT IT: Congress Considers Splitting The 9th Circuit

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2017/03/16/s...ders-splitting-the-9th-circuit/#ixzz4fSUiqr6O

Last edited:

tommyjo

Can he even do that?

If so - YAY!!! Roll them heads! Send them back to their pot dens! :yahoo:

I'm fed up with activist judges and their bull####.

Of course he can't...please go take that HS civics class.

Of course, the stupidity of the question and the response is that the 9th Circuit has nothing to do with the sanctuary city ruling...that was in a lower court. As for the original travel ban, the three judges on that panel were not all liberals yet they voted unanimously that the travel ban should be halted and sent up for further review. (But why would you know or remember that? The facts don't fit the propaganda.)

Now...having said all this...let's follow thru on your dumbass logic...why? Because it would require a breakup of the Texas courts. That is the court you right wing freaks run to in order to oppose a President with a D after his name. You may now start bleeting how that just wouldn't be fair.