What the Comey firing reveals...

tommyjo

What does the Comey firing reveal about Mr. Trump? In a nutshell, he is a terrible businessman and a worse leader. Why?

Mr. Comey may have been disliked by Rs and Ds alike. However, all the cut and pasting by the morons on here (This person, GURPS..etc) does not change the fact that Mr. Trump, once again, botched what should have been a layup for a self described master negotiator with a supreme business mind. All he had to do was fire someone.

Here is what an actual person with upper level business or govt experience would have done:

1. Developed a clear reason for the dismissal. (3 letters dated the same day does not show a clear and reasoned approach.)

2. Discuss with the employee IN PERSON the reason for the dismissal. (This wasn't the janitor or fry cook that was being let go. This was a department head.)

3. Given the individual the opportunity to resign. (Michael Flynn resigned...or at least that was that was that fiasco's initial story.)

4. The PR team would have been involved in the decision in order to craft the proper message in the announcement. (The announcement of the dismissal would have thanked the individual for his service and commitment...not called him a "showboat" and a "grandstander". Instead Sean Spicer is hiding in the bushes begging people to turn the lights out because he was blindsided by the announcement.)

5. The desired replacement would have been on hand for the announcement. (How did a guy who all of us--including myself--think was a great marketer not understand this basic marketing concept? He needed to put a positive spin on the story. Instead, the WH looked like a bunch of monkeys f***ing a football...every time you turn on the TV there is a different reason for why Comey was fired.)

Mr. Trump had every opportunity to do this properly. He claims guru status as a businessman. In reality, Mr. Trump is proving to be what the rest of us saw: an incompetent bully whose only power was his money...which he used to get what he wanted. Now that his money has no sway over people; now that his bullying has no effect on those around him (Mr. Trump can't fire members of the House or Senate or the grunts in the field offices), Mr. Trump can't handle it. His personality (which always has been and always will be wholly unsuited for political office) has proven to be his biggest Achilles' heel.

Mr. Trump is a buffoon.

The idiotic handling of the firing of Mr. Comey is only the latest proof. The whole word is laughing at us...and taking advantage of our President's incompetence. The President's agenda, even as sophomoric as it is, has been completely derailed by his incompetence to handle something as simple as changing a department head.

Next week, this clown who currently sits in the Oval Office is going to tour the home sites of the world's major religions...what stupid sh!t is he going to say or do? He couldn't see the backlash coming from his firing of Mr. Comey...will he be able to understand how delicately he must speak on his travels next week? Does he have ANY clue how dangerous his "shoot from the hip...speak before thinking" style will be on this trip?

SamSpade

So - the announcement of his firing was PLANNED to be mentioned on TV? I did not know that.

:shrug:

LightRoasted

If I may ...
If I may ...

Did anyone hear anything? I came into this room, the light was on, but no one was here. I thought I heard something other than Sam walking by the door. Hummmm, I better turn the light out.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What does the Comey firing reveal about Mr. Trump? In a nutshell, he is a terrible businessman and a worse leader. Why?

I didn't waste any more time with this. A terrible businessman? With every post, you reveal how ignorant you are. And this is a conscious ignorance. I suppose you can brag to your business acumen with $3.5 billion to your name? You're not a stupid person, and know damn well he's not a terrible businessman. Everything you post about Trump is rooted in your hatred for him; which fogs your ability to exercise simple logic. In fact, your hatred for everyone is just plain sad. What a life you will have to talk about when you're at old age.

Grandson: "Grandma, what kind of person were you when you were younger? Did you feed the hungry and the poor? Did you care for those who were less knowledgeable? Did you help an old person that couldn't lift something? What did you do to make a difference?

TJ: "No, you damn moron. Those people are morons. They only deserve your ridicule because they are too stupid to know any better. I lived in a closed world of intellectual superiority, where everyone is nothing more than pathetic morons.”

Of course, we know it isn’t possible for you to have grandkids. How could someone like you ever engage in a meaningful relationship with such deep-rooted hatred towards everyone? And, for someone as smart as you are, it’s really pretty astounding you are too ignorant to see this.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's one of the things I don't get: there's plenty to bust on Trump about. He has real negatives, depending on your POV and ideology. Yet the fallback is 1) his tiny hands; 2) he's orange; and 3) he's a terrible businessman - all three of which are either demonstrably untrue or flat stupid.

:confused:

Hijinx

That's one of the things I don't get: there's plenty to bust on Trump about. He has real negatives, depending on your POV and ideology. Yet the fallback is 1) his tiny hands; 2) he's orange; and 3) he's a terrible businessman - all three of which are either demonstrably untrue or flat stupid.

Comey's ass is gone isn't it.?
Trump could have done all of those feel good things TJ listed, and she would still be whining and crying and so would the rest of the snowflakes.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Demonstrably untrue AND stupid.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Yet the fallback is

1) his tiny hands; -- ie he has tiny dick and is NO Man, therefore incapable of leading a marching band let alone the country

2) he's orange; -- He is FAKE as his Spray on Tan

3) he's a terrible businessman -- look at how many times he has been sued and had to pay out - He is a Crook

interesting how suddenly the potential size of some guys Johnson is a measure of his worth [executively speaking]
does this mean Women have NO Executive Worth, because they have no dicks to be measured :shrug: