Morgan Lewis

tommyjo

Our illustrious President (the great businessman and marketing guru) was interviewed last week by Lester Holt. In that interview, Mr. Trump reference a "certified" letter he was sending to Sen. Lindsay Graham. (We'll just ignore the stupidity of acting like a "certified" letter means anything.)

He said the letter was written by a very prominent law firm. I forget the exact wording...but, as usual, Mr. Trump had to boast and exaggerate...."everyone knows them" or some such thing. Anyway, the letter is here: https://www.vox.com/2017/5/12/15630378/trump-russia-letter It's a pdf...but the letter really isn't that important (one could say it was useless...and they would be right). What is important is this prestigious firm who wrote it....Morgan Lewis.

morganlewis.com

These are from their website:

Moscow Lawyers in our Moscow office advise prominent multinational companies investing in the Russian Federation, Kazakhstan, and the other countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States, including Central Asia and the Caspian region. We provide counseling on banking, finance, energy transactions, FCPA compliance, and international sanctions, among other areas.
https://www.morganlewis.com/regions/europe

MOSCOW, May 2, 2016: Morgan Lewis has been recognized by Chambers & Partners’ 2016 Chambers Europe guide as Russia Law Firm of the Year. The prestigious honor was announced at the publication’s recent annual awards dinner in London, where firms from 24 countries were recognized.
https://www.morganlewis.com/news/chambers-partners-names-morgan-lewis-as-russia-law-firm-of-the-year

Is our President really this stupid? To have a letter written by a law firm that is deeply involved in Russia, while the President and his campaign are being investigated for possible collusion with Russia during the election?

There are any number of US accounting firms that could have produced a letter about his taxes. He picks the one that was named Russian law firm of the year???

This_person

Our illustrious President (the great businessman and marketing guru) was interviewed last week by Lester Holt. In that interview, Mr. Trump reference a "certified" letter he was sending to Sen. Lindsay Graham. (We'll just ignore the stupidity of acting like a "certified" letter means anything.)

He said the letter was written by a very prominent law firm. I forget the exact wording...but, as usual, Mr. Trump had to boast and exaggerate...."everyone knows them" or some such thing. Anyway, the letter is here: https://www.vox.com/2017/5/12/15630378/trump-russia-letter It's a pdf...but the letter really isn't that important (one could say it was useless...and they would be right). What is important is this prestigious firm who wrote it....Morgan Lewis.

morganlewis.com

https://www.morganlewis.com/news/chambers-partners-names-morgan-lewis-as-russia-law-firm-of-the-year

Is our President really this stupid? To have a letter written by a law firm that is deeply involved in Russia, while the President and his campaign are being investigated for possible collusion with Russia during the election?

There are any number of US accounting firms that could have produced a letter about his taxes. He picks the one that was named Russian law firm of the year???

Are you suggesting that they lied? Do you have any proof of this?

SamSpade

I'm sorry, but the Russia thing is the Democrat's "birther" issue. It carries about as much meaning to me as trying to persuade me that ALIENS were involved.

One thing is abundantly clear - Russians did not change or alter the VOTE. NO ONE disputes that. The election is the same.

Did they try to change voter's minds? Sure - I don't think that has ever NOT been the case in my entire lifetime.
It's just that people on this side of the Atlantic ALSO do that, with ads, TV, radio, newspapers and Internet.
For anyone to claim that RUSSIANS tipped the scales in favor of one candidate - seriously? - means that your OWN CAMPAIGN was so inept that despite billions being spent, a bunch of Russian hackers were more successful in changing people's minds in two weeks than YOU were for two YEARS. If they're that much better than you, you don't deserve it.

It would be like Rocky being beaten - by Adrian.
By knockout.
In the first round.
And then complaining about it.

So - what's left? They had "influence"? Possible blackmail? Deals made - for what purpose, since no one "got" anything from it.

This is why I believe the ALIENS story more. There's more evidence.

If I were Trump, I'd keep them chasing their tails until they make themselves dizzy. I'd toss out "Paul is dead" stuff until their heads explode.

SamSpade

Okay, I went to the Morgan Lewis website.

To hear TJ describe it, they specialize ONLY in Russia.

Check it out. They're worldwide. You'd have better luck convincing me they're terrorists or Communists.
You know, because they have offices in Dubai and Beijing.

And about 22 other locations around the world.

Talk about cherry picking.

Do any of them drink vodka or use Russian dressing?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
the President and his campaign are being investigated for possible collusion with Russia during the election?

"Collusion". I'm quite certain that does not mean what you think it does. Please cite the Federal statutes that define "collusion" and make it illegal. I'll wait.

Last edited:

This_person

Check it out. They're worldwide. You'd have better luck convincing me they're terrorists or Communists.

I've begun to believe that NHBoy and TJ are highly conservative individuals who post leftist idiocy just to show how stupid the leftist ideas are, allowing the rest of us to make fun of those ideas. They just never use :sarcasm: after their posts, and now people think they're really horrible leftists.

that-awkward-moment-when-your-sarcasm-is-so-advanced-people-actually-think-youre-stupid.jpg

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

TJ's desperation is becoming increasingly visible and acute.

Midnightrider

thats exactly the spin they use about renasaince capitol who paid slick willie that 500K speaking fee..... what is good for the goose :shrug:

If taking money from an investment company that has offices around the world including russia is questionable, so is doing business with an international law firm that does lots of business in russia. Again, there might be nothing to it, but both raise questions.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

morganlewis.com

What kind of International Law Office WOULDN'T have offices and work in Russia??

SamSpade

If taking money from an investment company that has offices around the world including russia is questionable.

To whom? Only Dems think that. And they've only recently rediscovered Russian paranoia.
They were laughing at Romney over it just a few years ago.

If I have any qualms about the 500k, it's that it's coming from someone who's been as vocal against Wall Street as Bernie - but still takes their money.

And I don't quite get why any politician gets that kind of money for a single speech. They aren't paying for *words*.

Hijinx

The Democrats need to get another dead horse. They have beaten this one until there isn't anything left to beat.

Midnightrider

To whom? Only Dems think that. And they've only recently rediscovered Russian paranoia.
They were laughing at Romney over it just a few years ago.

If I have any qualms about the 500k, it's that it's coming from someone who's been as vocal against Wall Street as Bernie - but still takes their money.

And I don't quite get why any politician gets that kind of money for a single speech. They aren't paying for *words*.

you are kidding right? there is practically a cottage industry built up around bill clinton taking 500k from a 'russian bank' for a speech.

Hijinx

you are kidding right? there is practically a cottage industry built up around bill clinton taking 500k from a 'russian bank' for a speech.

Which tells us that you know about Bill Clinton taking that money , but you have no evidence of Trump colluding with Russia, but you crap all over yourself over the illusion the Democrats started against Trump.

You have a little bias there??

SamSpade

Is it about it specifically being 'Russian'? You know, as though it were the same as being paid by Nazis or white supremacists?

Or was it that he got a huge pile of cash for making a single speech while his wife was Sec State and they coincidentally got the uranium deal?

I don't care if it's "Russian". It's pay for play I don't like. It would be the same if it were some *ally* of ours - like Canada.
If they gave him money and suddenly voila - got a great deal - I mean, really, who pays an ex-President that much money to just - talk?

Hijinx

Is it about it specifically being 'Russian'? You know, as though it were the same as being paid by Nazis or white supremacists?

Or was it that he got a huge pile of cash for making a single speech while his wife was Sec State and they coincidentally got the uranium deal?

I don't care if it's "Russian". It's pay for play I don't like. It would be the same if it were some *ally* of ours - like Canada.
If they gave him money and suddenly voila - got a great deal - I mean, really, who pays an ex-President that much money to just - talk?

Well Wall Street paid Obama $400,000 for a speech. I guess he is worth $100,000 less than Bubba was to the Russians.
Ofcourse paying Bubba was helping them get play for pay with Hillary when she was S.,O.S. we have yet to see what Wall Street gets out of Obama.

Midnightrider

I don't care if it is Russians either. I don't care if it is for speeches or for the purchase of real estate or any other means, I have an issue with our elected and appointed leaders taking money from, and therefore presumably have some allegiance to, foreign entities.

No R or D qualifiers. Just investigate and if you find malfeasance those people should be held accountable.