Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

Tattoos, love 'em or hate 'em?

• no tattoos are good tattoos

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • a couple of small tattoos are OK if they can easily be covered

Votes: 14 29.2%
  • get as many as you want but please...not on the face and neck.

Votes: 15 31.3%
  • heck yeah, the more the merrier!

Votes: 6 12.5%

• Total voters

Bman

What do you think about tattoos? They used to be just for bikers and military vets but now I think there is a law requiring everyone over the age of 10 to get one.
To each his own I guess but I'm not really a big fan, I can't think of anything that I would want to look at for the rest of my life. and when I see a pretty girl with a big ole tattoo it turns me off almost as much as her smoking a cigarette. :banghead:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I love my tattoos (and I also smoke, but it doesn't matter because I'm taken anyway :love:).

I have no opinion on other peoples' tattoos, unless they're either really pretty or really ugly.

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Didn't this train stop in the station a few years ago?

Buckle up.

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
I love my tattoo. I've had mine for about 5 years. I got it the year after my sister died - it was in honor of her that I got it.

acommondisaster

I don't care either way; except for some of those guys you see on Lockup, who have them all over their faces. I guess they don't plan on getting much of a job when they're done serving their life sentences. ;)

When I see a particularly pretty sleeve on some young thing, I always wonder what it'll look like at age 58.

littlelady

God bless the USA
I don't care either way; except for some of those guys you see on Lockup, who have them all over their faces. I guess they don't plan on getting much of a job when they're done serving their life sentences. ;)

When I see a particularly pretty sleeve on some young thing, I always wonder what it'll look like at age 58.

I think the tattoo thing takes away from military tattoos. Back in the day, that was a mark of bravery. Today, I think, so many people are so lost that they have to brand their body to stand out. I, actually, would like to see tattoos that can be covered (and one can have a chance at getting a real job); the ridiculous piercings of the face and lips is another story/thread. How do those people even kiss anyone anymore? Do they understand it looks hideous? Just wondering. Also, aren't tattoos physically harmful, as far as getting pricked with a needle and ink, and all?

Last edited:

Chris0nllyn

I think the tattoo thing takes away from military tattoos. Back in the day, that was a mark of bravery. Today, I think, so many people are so lost that they have to brand their body to stand out. I, actually, would like to see tattoos that can be covered (and one can have a chance at getting a real job); the ridiculous piercings of the face and lips is another story/thread. How do those people even kiss anyone anymore? Do they understand it looks hideous? Just wondering. Also, aren't tattoos physically harmful, as far as getting pricked with a needle and ink, and all?

Tattoos in general have been around for literally thousands of years and were not solely dedicated to military members.

Times are-a-changin' and as someone who could care less what other people do to their body, and as someone with a "real" job with tattoos that can't be covered and a big beard, maybe it's time we move past the idea that someone's looks dictate how they should be treated or viewed?

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
I got some new work done... :yay:

work.jpg

black dog

Free America
Okay.....other than a tat parlor or a Goth club, where would those two get a paying job?

I have a woman that welds for me that has full sleeves, back and a bunch on her legs.
Piercing that will make a gay man stare in the summer months. She is a superb welder and a great natured person to work around. She also has thicker skin than most men, she is a person that you don't play Truth or Dare with or Dare to show the new hardware that she had installed the weekend before.
Tattoos have never bothered me nor have I ever judged someone for having tattoos.
I have a few from my travels in life myself.

Edit,, and she is quite capable of paying for her car repairs herself.

Last edited:

Restitution

Edit,, and she is quite capable of paying for her car repairs herself.

THAT right there is a biggie!

Nothing pizzes me off more than seeing some woman or man trying to show off their latest $600 artwork and how cool it is and then, next breath is "I need some gas money."

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
In the tradition of Island mens, this fine specimen of a Samoan man had nearly completed his entire body tattoo when we visited. He explained the process to us and said he was having this done as part of becoming a Chief.

ForumRunner_20170518_153532.jpg

ForumRunner_20170518_153543.jpg

It is an extremely lengthy and painful process...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pe'a