White House on edge: 'We are kind of helpless'

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
" It was, in the words of one senior White House official, the worst day of Trump’s presidency.

White House officials spent early Tuesday wondering who was leaking details of President Donald Trump’s classified conversations with Russian officials about intelligence shared by the Israelis, and moving to contain the fallout ahead of Trump’s planned trip to Jerusalem next week. They spent the evening facing a report that before he fired FBI director James Comey, Trump directly asked him to stop investigating the Trump campaign’s Russia ties—and worrying what else might yet be revealed.

“Nobody knows where this really goes from here,” the White House official said. “Everyone is walking around saying, ‘What is next?’”
In interviews, multiple White House officials indicated they feel under siege – unsure who in the intelligence community was leaking, how much damaging information was out there, when the next proverbial shoe would drop and what Trump might say. "

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/trump-white-house-on-edge-238482

itsbob

I bowl overhand
" It was, in the words of one senior White House official, the worst day of Trump’s presidency.

White House officials spent early Tuesday wondering who was leaking details of President Donald Trump’s classified conversations with Russian officials about intelligence shared by the Israelis, and moving to contain the fallout ahead of Trump’s planned trip to Jerusalem next week. They spent the evening facing a report that before he fired FBI director James Comey, Trump directly asked him to stop investigating the Trump campaign’s Russia ties—and worrying what else might yet be revealed.

“Nobody knows where this really goes from here,” the White House official said. “Everyone is walking around saying, ‘What is next?’”
In interviews, multiple White House officials indicated they feel under siege – unsure who in the intelligence community was leaking, how much damaging information was out there, when the next proverbial shoe would drop and what Trump might say. "

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/05/17/trump-white-house-on-edge-238482

Got a name for that "Senior White House Official"??

I'll wait..

Chris0nllyn

Got a name for that "Senior White House Official"??

I'll wait..

I understand the trepidation, but I don't recall anyone asking this question when Obama was in office and leaks came out.

Unnamed sources are not uncommon and have been around for a long time. Journalists rely on them. Just because Trump is in office, there's a sudden need to learn who these people are? Why not the same during Obama's presidency instead of simply cheering on that source?

Wishbone

I understand the trepidation, but I don't recall anyone asking this question when Obama was in office and leaks came out.

Unnamed sources are not uncommon and have been around for a long time. Journalists rely on them. Just because Trump is in office, there's a sudden need to learn who these people are? Why not the same during Obama's presidency instead of simply cheering on that source?
I dont' recall anywhere near this much lunacy during the Obama term.

Restitution

Ya' know Chris...... for someone who portrays themselves as a Libertarian, you certainly have ramped up your Democrat defenses recently. #closetdemprog

Chris0nllyn

This forum says otherwise. Every week there was some major scandal. Some thing Obama did to warrant all the labels he's been called on here.

I'm not a fan of the guy, and never voted for him, but that's a ridiculous statement.

Ya' know Chris...... for someone who portrays themselves as a Libertarian, you certainly have ramped up your Democrat defenses recently. #closetdemprog

Cry me a river. I'll call out hypocrisy when I see it. Only mindless idiots think everything is political.

You and I both know (though you won't admit it) that if Obama was in Trump's shoes, this place would be frothing at the collective mouth screaming "impeachment!", not asking to verify sources or wary of the media. It wasn't until Trump told the right to be afraid of the "fake media" did you all suddenly become the bastion for journalistic integrity.

Midnightrider

thats because trump is better at creating lunacy
This forum says otherwise. Every week there was some major scandal. Some thing Obama did to warrant all the labels he's been called on here.

I'm not a fan of the guy, and never voted for him, but that's a ridiculous statement.

Cry me a river. I'll call out hypocrisy when I see it. Only mindless idiots think everything is political.

You and I both know (though you won't admit it) that if Obama was in Trump's shoes, this place would be frothing at the collective mouth screaming "impeachment!", not asking to verify sources or wary of the media. It wasn't until Trump told the right to be afraid of the "fake media" did you all suddenly become the bastion for journalistic integrity.

yep, Obama didn't salute properly, he bowed to a foriegn offical, he said you didn't build that, and any number of other things the somd.com braintrust was OUTRAGED about during the obama years.

Wishbone

yep, Obama didn't salute properly, he bowed to a foriegn offical, he said you didn't build that, and any number of other things the somd.com braintrust was OUTRAGED about during the obama years.

Remind me... When and Where were the protests, riots and impeachment hearings for the examples you cite?

I'll wait.

itsbob

I bowl overhand

Funny I don't recall the pitchforks and torches, screaming for impeachment EVERY day.. especially in his first 6 months to a year.

Please refresh my memory..

Midnightrider

Funny I don't recall the pitchforks and torches, screaming for impeachment EVERY day.. especially in his first 6 months to a year.

birthers

:dropsmic:

The far right idiots spent millions of dollars in their circle jerk to illegitimize President Obama. The entire intent of trying to prove he wasn't a citizen was to get him removed from office. You guys really have some strong selective memory

Wishbone

birthers

The far right idiots spent millions of dollars in their circle jerk to illegitimize President Obama. The entire intent of trying to prove he wasn't a citizen was to get him removed from office. You guys really have some strong selective memory

Some blog entries dont compare to the street riots, burning, violence, calls for impeachment etc.

Its YOU that seems to suffer from selective memory.

Chris0nllyn

Here's one you posted in that was before he was even sworn in.

http://forums.somd.com/threads/160253-Impeach-Obama-Now!

Maybe you've forgotten the calls for impeachment because he supposedly wasn't born here, Benghazi, and the bathroom thing. These are simple things you can search for. Why do many of you insist on others doing your work?

Last edited:

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
birthers

I was never one of those. Not after the Birth Certificate was released anyway

obama_birth_certif.jpg .

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Maybe you've forgotten the calls for impeachment because he supposedly wasn't born here, Benghazi,

Something that actually happened...and that he actively tried to cover up. More information about that cover up is still coming out.