WaPo Source Leaked Classified Info ThatTrump Wasn’t Even Briefed On

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
THE REAL SCANDAL=>WaPo Source Leaked Classified Info That President Trump Wasn’t Even Briefed On

Someone high up in the intelligence community leaked this information to WaPo and WaPo overplayed their hand by reporting on too much information, narrowing down who the source of the leak is.

Via Fox News:

The Post claims it did not reveal all the details of the disclosures from its sources because U.S. officials said this would “jeopardize important intelligence capabilities.”

Yes, there’s a scandal here. It concerns former and current U.S. officials leaking classified information to the press to undermine a U.S. president.

The real scandal here concerns the current and former U.S. officials who spoke to the Washington Post to generate this story. We don’t know if these sources lied, misrepresented what went on in the Trump meeting with the Russians, or were second-guessing what Trump told them.

We do know that current U.S. officials — possibly with the NSC and intelligence agencies — originated this story and revealed highly classified intelligence to the Post as part of their leaks. They were joined by former U.S government officials who I assume worked for the CIA and the Obama NSC. These people committed felonies. They must be identified and prosecuted.

Fox News points out that the Obama White House also revealed sensitive intelligence and of course the media showed zero outrage…

But keep in mind U.S. officials unfamiliar with intelligence sometimes make such mistakes. For example, in 2014, the Obama White House accidently revealed the name of the CIA Station Chief in Afghanistan to the press. The Obama White House also reportedly revealed sensitive intelligence to the media concerning the Stuxnet virus to sabotage Iran’s nuclear program and details of the Usama bin Laden raid. Where was the outrage by the mainstream media and Congressional Democrats over these leaks?

Senator Dianne Feinstein accidently leaked classified sensitive information on drone strikes in 2009 during a Senate Intelligence Committee hearing. Nothing happened to her.

tommyjo

Just wondering if you or your source understand the meaning of the word "accidentally"?

And, once you grasp the meaning of the word, can you differentiate it from the words intentional and/or deliberate.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Just wondering if you or your source understand the meaning of the word "accidentally"?

And, once you grasp the meaning of the word, can you differentiate it from the words intentional and/or deliberate.

And can you grasp the simple fact that even inadvertently careless handling of classified information brings stiff penalties? Moron.

hotbikermama40

How about an analogy:
If I take my Beretta Storm and load it with a full clip, and then make sure I have that gun on me while I walk down the street so that I can, with premeditated thought, point that gun into the face of anyone I see and shoot them, and they die...that's a first degree murder felony.
If I take my Beretta Storm, and go out to the gun range, load up a magazine with the intention to engage in shooting practice - but 'slip up' and fire a shot that accidentally kills someone, that is a lesser felony, but still murder.
Accidental or not, it is a serious breach of national security and there should be consequences if culpability can be determined. I'm sorry, but it seems as if you are missing the forest here for the trees.

And can you grasp the simple fact that even inadvertently careless handling of classified information brings stiff penalties? Moron.

Unless you're in the Obama administration. Or the Clinton's...

Is that why HRC wasn't prosecuted - it wasn't inadvertent?

Didn't Comey actually say something along the lines of "Secretary Clinton didn't mean to commit any crimes so we won't prosecute"? And weren't things re-written in order to give her the 'out'?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Is that why HRC wasn't prosecuted - it wasn't inadvertent?

The world still wonders. Comey took it upon himself to unilaterally pervert the legal situation and create an "out" for Clinton that does not actually exist in the laws as written. There is no "aww shucks, she din't mean to" exception clause. Comey made that chit up.