Those darn Democrats

Grumpy

Bob Beckel was terminated today for making an insensitive remark to an African-American employee," the network said in a statement.

Linkee

Grumpy

Damn... I was hoping I'd get to see Eric Bolling back-hand him out of his stool one day!

:banghead:

You too??

Came ohsoclose to seeing Bolling smack the hell out of Geraldo last winter(?) Honestly thought they were gonna come to blows.

Hijinx

I am no friend of Bob Beckel. In fact in can't stand him.
But isn't it getting a bit outlandish when you have to be so careful of what you say that you cannot even speak to the janitor without fear?

Replacing him with Juan Williams. Peeeeeeyou, That really stinks. Replacing Beckel with a flaming black bigot.
Yeah, that should help the ratings.

Wishbone

You too??

Came ohsoclose to seeing Bolling smack the hell out of Geraldo last winter(?) Honestly thought they were gonna come to blows.

I remember that one.

It would only have been one swing on Bollings part and Geraldo would have been toast.

Hijinx

By the way it's kind of hard to judge the extent of the racial remark, when we don't know what it was.

Grumpy

By the way it's kind of hard to judge the extent of the racial remark, when we don't know what it was.

Could be almost anything nowadays..Friend of my wife's walked into a break room at their office, saw 2 guys that did production work for her and said 'hi guys, what are you boys doing this weekend?" She got written up and suspended for a day. Crazy stuff.

SamSpade

Could be almost anything nowadays..Friend of my wife's walked into a break room at their office, saw 2 guys that did production work for her and said 'hi guys, what are you boys doing this weekend?" She got written up and suspended for a day. Crazy stuff.

Because she said "boy"?

Happened to me once, working shoveling mud with an African American. Twice my size.
I say boy is it hot out here. And he got mad and I swear it took me a while to figure it out.

Wishbone

Because she said "boy"?

Happened to me once, working shoveling mud with an African American. Twice my size.
I say boy is it hot out here. And he got mad and I swear it took me a while to figure it out.

Good thing you didn't say "Jesus Christ it's hot out here"... He might have expected your worship.

Too many ####tards in the world making it difficult. My policy is not to talk to anyone and if they speak to me, just scowl.

Grumpy

Because she said "boy"?

Yep...pretty effed up that the HR department or her bosses didn't back her up (knowing full well that she didn't mean anything by it). This kind of crap just keeps the ball rolling for all these triggered folks.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I can't stand Bob Beckel. Good riddance, ahole - now go die somewhere.

I don't understand the hate for Juan. Yes, he is a liberal. Yes, he is a Dem cheerleader. But I have always found him to be fair and reasoned, and I appreciate his input on The Five. I hope this means he will be a full-timer now.

Hijinx

I can't stand Bob Beckel. Good riddance, ahole - now go die somewhere.

I don't understand the hate for Juan. Yes, he is a liberal. Yes, he is a Dem cheerleader. But I have always found him to be fair and reasoned, and I appreciate his input on The Five. I hope this means he will be a full-timer now.

Juan Williams, Apologist for the Dem party.