POTUS has put more money in my pocket since he took office

h3mech

You know, with a the way the media is treating POTUS, I think he is doing wonderful, my 401K has gone from $131,971.06 since taking office to $149,674.84 as of today. Mr Trump has put $17,703.78 back in my families pockets. doesn't anyone else see this. let the guy alone and let him work. I want more money.

and for the record he is doing what I voted for him to do.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Same here. Good thing the press doesn't drive the market.

And he is indeed doing what I voted for him to do. :yay:

DoWhat

Deplorable
PREMO Member
You know, with a the way the media is treating POTUS, I think he is doing wonderful, my 401K has gone from $131,971.06 since taking office to $149,674.84 as of today. Mr Trump has put $17,703.78 back in my families pockets. doesn't anyone else see this. let the guy alone and let him work. I want more money.

Hate to tell you this, but you have not made any money until you sell or cash out.
And if the market was down, you wouldn't lose any money, unless you sold or cashed out.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
That just failed again here in Fl. But I'm happy with my CWL here as well.

black dog

Free America
Hate to tell you this, but you have not made any money until you sell or cash out.
And if the market was down, you wouldn't lose any money, unless you sold or cashed out.

I'm quite sure that all with a 401 understand that, the question is would you rather have
131,971.06 or $149,674.84 in your pension fund?

black dog

Free America
That just failed again here in Fl. But I'm happy with my CWL here as well.

We keep tossing Constitutional around in Indiana, the difference is Indiana permits are to carry a firearm, long gun, handgun,open, concealed or on your head with a bra holding it like a sweatband..

b23hqb

PREMO Member
We keep tossing Constitutional around in Indiana, the difference is Indiana permits are to carry a firearm, long gun, handgun,open, concealed or on your head with a bra holding it like a sweatband..

Technically not needed for any longun, but that is highly discouraged by the local po-po's. The technical verbiage in Fl is Concealed Weapon or Firearm License. Knives, bows, guns, etc., must be concealed and not visible, even casually.

philibusters

The problem with that rationale is that stock market improved by 270% from January 21, 2009 to January 21, 2017 so if you are going to give Trump credit for the increase in the stock market, you have to give Obama credit for a 270% gain in the stock market over 8 years.

h3mech

yea keep thinking that Obummer did nothing for the working people, except making kids eat crap in school. my 401K didn't move until Mr. trump took over

The problem with that rationale is that stock market improved by 270% from January 21, 2009 to January 21, 2017 so if you are going to give Trump credit for the increase in the stock market, you have to give Obama credit for a 270% gain in the stock market over 8 years.

Wishbone

Dow, S&P etc. are an indicator and not necessarily an accurate one as they have frequently changed the stocks included in those groups when some member stocks tanked or stagnated.

When there were doing poorly they dropped A,T&T, HP, Alcoa etc when they declined.

Added Apple, Nike and Visa when their market shares were climbing.

Last edited:

Midnightrider

exactly. My 401K more than tripled in Obama's tenure even if you count the huge losses in 2008. Not to mention the klan here at somd.com spent the last 8 years telling us that the stock market is not an indicator of how well the economy is doing AND that the president has almost no influence over the market so he shouldn't get any credit when it does well.

awpitt

Main Streeter
It is amazing that some, on here, are praising Trump for saving the stock market when, in fact, the stock market has already been performing well on an upward trend for quite some time now. Prior to the election.